Thursday, August 04, 2005

Thunder and Lightning!


- Cool as the water... meltin' from the winter snows... you are the island I been looking for.
I don't know where you come from, but I can feel you coming on...You're the storm inside my soul that's raging out of control.
- Call the wind out. Call out the thunder. O 0 Lightning - only you can will the weather... I said come on - Won't you come on? - Lightning your mine. Tonight, tonight... You caught me while I was sleepin' restin' from a heavy run. I saw you in your evening gown, you were lighting up the sky. No matter waht tomorrow brings - Lightning You're mine tonight. Woah, lightning your mine tonight...
- Crack the Horizon... only you can split the night, Then comes you mother cloud to take you away. Another wind will dry me, and the sun will make me warm, but to me my life will always be the calm before the storm...
.
*sighs*
good old song, good old memories...
.
I found this old haunt and thought I'd make 'light' of my nephews' fright (from the recent storm experiences) with it ... & who knows? This could be the culprit to alot of my frustrations this past 6 or 7 days!
.
I decided to post art work on 'Fridays' and I am a picture or 2 behind on that decision! So why not post this now, even though the most recent storm the nephew endured was the 24th of July??? ...And even though it's not Friday, I missed last Friday...and so... well, there's another reason behind the tardiness of art postings & my wanting to throw this up at this time; I have not been able to POST! Not properly....! Or, ...telephone out, or, ...receive incoming calls, much less use the Fax machine - with any reliability, in over a week now!!! Grrr.
.
My Aunt called earlier, and when I asked why the call, she jokingly said, "Well, I've decided to disown you..." I knew exactly what she was talking about. She'd (no doubt) been trying to telephone me for days now and she kept getting a busy signal... only I, likely, was not on the phone at all!!! My sister, the Queen of Panic!, alerted me to the possibility of a problem last Wednesday. She tried phoning ahead to me, via cel, and got a busy - then got here and found out that I - wasn't!? I had not touched the phone; it had not rung. Hrumph!
.
So! I'm having to drive into town to give my complaint to the phone-service people. The guy comes out yesterday... I was fixin' on posting and all of a sudden 'No Server'... I discovered the phone van parked in the drive when I went for water. Yes. 'No Server' leaves me thirsty. So I go out into the 109 degrees to fish for wassssup? He gleefully tells me that he's found the problem! A surge protector dealie on the line "obviously did it's job, because it is fried!" <-(His exact words) & he said he'd have me going as soon as he checked the line. Yay! I happily returned to office here and started off-line work on photos from the 4th of July. Then, after all good business people have called it a day... I find out I still have no server. I can not e-mail those photos to anyone and I can not call to complain to anyone because... dun-dun-done!... I have no activity for phone line at all now!!! No squawk! No snap, crackle, pop! Heaven forbid I have an actual dial tone = oh, no! Nothing. I'm telling you zip, diddly-squat! (I was "disappointed" to say the least.)
.
Drive into town this morning. As soon as I hit the door to the phone place, the guy who has been helping me? His desk phone rang. He took one look at me, looking at him and ... he reached for it! Hehehee. (sure. it's funny NOW!) and He made darn sure he stayed on that 'business call' the entire time I was in their shop. . . pretty convenient for him wouldn't you say??? lol! (Divine intervention?) :) .... on to the end, here; some other very nice people at the phone place, reassured me that someone would be out, to double check the 'problem' again. Anti-climactic end of story... "Travis" the field phone tech, who introduced himself this time - did, in fact get things going this afternoon... ah. The sweet relief of a problem solved!
.
And now I hear Thunder and see some Lightning galloping in... along with the feel of those sweet, cool breezes! Reminds me of that old REOSpeedwagon song... Lightning, which was, after all the inspiration for the art... also reminds me of the good senses the great God of Heaven hath given to me, along with his commands... let those with ears to hear - hear... let those with eyes to see - see, and oh! The messages of love He's inscribed upon my heart... to feel! Humbles me to know that the master of all creation has carved me into the palm of his hand, and holds me there, through every adversity...large or small...
.
Cheerios2U all!
(Here's to an 'amp-ing good' weekend ahead!)

9 comments:

DBFrank said...

Love the pic, and boy do the lyrics bring back memories...

MomThatsNuts said...

Your so talented!!! I forgot about that song...lol ahhh MEMORIES ALL ALONE IN THE MOONLIGHT........

Mom

Anonymous said...

Glad to have ya back and connected then!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...

There is no one any happier than I am that your phone is back working...hooorrraayyy!!!!

Love the pix..and the memory of REOSpeedwagon from a time gone bye!

Good post Shugger
Your Huckleberry

Libby said...

great picture, dorko, and great story!
BoUnCeS!! LibbY!

Burfica said...

Glad your phone is fixed.

And OooOOOoooO the picture, you know I'm all about the horses. hehehehee

Paul said...

Great picture! My own recent experiences with phone cos. have been too traumatic and I couldn't get through your whole story lol...

DLAK said...

Nice, good post. Have a great day Dorko.

1 Corinthians 12:31

... covet earnestly the best gifts: and yet shew I unto you a more excellent way.