Friday, August 19, 2005

Fantasy Flame

Something from December of 1978.
I'm a little fuzzy on the details. I think I was high. I'd been "partying" with friends. There's a face you may be able to pick out there. That's a cracked mirror the candle is floating just above and, um, ever see a candle flame quite like that? Sooo, yeah, I 'may have' been weaving a little fantasy in with the flame here. More 'if's: If I had this in 'do over' mode - I'd replicate the image in the mirror. I'd make more 'faces to be found' in the candle, mirror and flame. I'd stick some 'bobbles' into the background and give more elevation to the candle so it is immediately recognized as 'floating'... But now I'm off to the college book store to get supplied for the semester! Soon, VERY soon, you'll be seeing 'fresh' works here! Cheerios2U all and have a fantastic week's end!

6 comments:

Burfica said...

Okay I'm dumb and didn't see the face, but I still really love it.

Wish jim luck on his dream job interview today.

say a prayer would ya?? hehehe

Dorko said...

Burfica might see it if you click it (that enlarges anyone of these I've posted) & saying prayer NOW!

Mike, Thank YOU! :)

Ileana said...

I will find the face...eventually. Beautiful work.

Cheers!

Lillee said...

Pot smoking days?? I had those. sometimes I wish I still had those. Today was a day like that. You know how it goes, you spend $150 bucks to get the kid off to school and he blows you off for some blonde in a mini skirt.
Second grade sucks.....

Maybe it wasn't pot, maybe you were drunk in the spirit....

DLAK said...

"I think I was high" lol, That pretty much sums up my childhood. You are a drawing motherfucker (excuse my french) I cant wait to see the new stuff. Have a wonderful weekend Dorko.

Unknown said...

I saw the face from the first glance at it...butt..I think the picture is up side down...it's really a spaceship..isn't it...

"_________________" (fill in the blank)
Op~

1 Corinthians 12:31

... covet earnestly the best gifts: and yet shew I unto you a more excellent way.