Sunday, August 14, 2005

Quoteable Quotes


This I learned from the shadow of a tree, that to and fro did sway against a wall: our shadow-selves, our influence, may fall where we ourselves can never be.
-- Anna E. Hamilton
.
(Get a daily wallpaper and quote from www.paperquote.com)
(I want to give credit to the artist J. Morris for his Autumn Morning photograph I found it on Artcyclopedia)
.
Opie turned me on to this quote service.
You can get daily inspiration; quotes and pictures, however, I like the daily scripture quote the best.
.
Love a good quote.
.
Whenever I find one that strikes m'fancy, I do collect them, trying to commit them to memory.
I stash 'em on the hard drive here. I may write 'em down on a note card - tape it to a bathroom mirror, fridge.... or one time, I went so far as to prop it up on the dashboard of my car. (possibly more on this later.)
I even purchased a 'Quotationary program' that has 10s of thousands loaded up in it along with a handy search forum and a means of adding more to it.
This habit has come in handy a few times when something needed to be said, and I knew I couldn't do it any more effectively or succinctly or eloquently than whatever 'Quoteable Quote' was floating up to my mind from the "Ah! Archives". [insert beaming smile, here]
Whyever would I need to reinvent the wheel?
Learn to discern and think for yourself, certainly...
But learn from the best you can find!
Off to do just that -
Cheerios2U!
Dorko runs off, singing:
.
"Welcome! Welcome! Sabbath morning...now we rest from every care! Welcome! Welcome! Is the dawning, Holy Sabbath day of prayer..."

9 comments:

Burfica said...

yayyyyyyyyyyyyy I love this. So very cool Dorko, Happy Sabbath to you too my friend..

Queen on the run said...

I also love quotes I am gonna have to check out that link for sure!!

DLAK said...

'Are We Not Men' - Devo

Jim said...

, , its 4th of July in INDIA guys
do visit me and caraff,
i got her linked


sorry Dorky, i love u too!
, ,

DBFrank said...

Thanks Dorko!

Paul said...

Nice quote about influence, and I think true. So many things lead to other things in ways history never records...

Jim said...

why do i have to see DLAK and OPIE
where ever i go ! !

if OPIE gave u the quote links
it must be lousy

-Saby

Jim said...

Psssst !
i qietly stole the links html
see my blogg header for quote of the day

and in the middle for 'dat day in history'

i always how did DLAK no soo much about dat day in music history

Jim said...

i gott loads of quotes from
WOODY ALLEN
LENO
David letterman

1 Corinthians 12:31

... covet earnestly the best gifts: and yet shew I unto you a more excellent way.