Friday, August 26, 2005

Suffer the Little Children
















The Doodle (above right) is a photo-shop-color-play-in-progress, born from the original Doodle(above left). Original Doodle was done for my "Sunbeams". Sunbeams are small children.
(Teaching "Sunbeams" was the first church calling I was given upon moving back to my 'Hometown' - Sunday school teacher for the 4-5-6 year olds. I let the kids kick their shoes off in my class. I wasn't with my sunbeams long, before I was called to teach Gospel Doctrine to their parents, the adults. I NEVER let grown ups kick their shoes off in class! LOL!)
The little bit of artwork was done in 2002 & took less than 2 minutes to do! This held the children's attention, captive, for approximately 2.5 minutes (maybe 3! lol!) including 'draw time'.

I re-found this, in a small, 3x5" notebook which I sometimes carry in my purse. I like it. (Both the pix and the notebook!)
The notebook usually has "to do lists" in it, price quotes or comparisons, Ideas to make me a millionaire that look like they'd take about a million dollars to do:- (Windfarm, RV Park, Xeroscaping company, a Virgin bar - I mentioned this 'Virgin Bar Idea' to someone one time and they stared blankly at me, for a moment, and said, "But who would you get to go to it?" I carefully explained that it would be a bar that served non-alcoholic drinks and anybody could go to it, families even, that one wouldn't necessarily have to be a virgin to be served there. :-), Ahem, I see measurements for home improvement projects, Inspirational quotes I fall in love with, 'how to get there' directions to important places I've never been before and need to travel to, address & phone updates to people I've lost track of and run into again. Phone numbers with nothing else written so I've NO IDEA what they're for, There's a love poem in there that came to my mind one day out of the blue - about a wonderful love that I did not have at the time! (Yes. Artist are weird about such things) ... Got a list of tools to get, to make-up a kickin' Pumpkin Carving Kit- I keep thinking I'll sew a canvas roll-up, to keep it all neat, organized and tied together. (Damn you, Martha Stewart! <-Sorry. She DID plant the big idea in my head.) I see notes on Sunday meetings past, a lovely design I imagined and drew up for a TV/entertainment center, a design sketch for a delicious decorated cake I really DID make, and there's thoughts on prayer lists and people to put on them - dating back 2-3 years. I got a new thought for a child to put on my prayer list this week. The name is 'Rebekah' <-Click this little name to see a part of her story - and maybe send her out some of your sunbeam love if you're willing.
Hope I didn't bore you too bad with the contents from my FAT LIL' NOTEBOOK - because there'll be more to come! (insert innocent, childish laughter, here -X!)
Love to all who pass along this way!
Dorko ~

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I sure do love the thoughts of you becoming a millionaire...so..hurry up!

Hows the homework coming...hehe!
Loving you Shugger
Your Huckleberry
Op~

Burfica said...

Girl you need more paper for you little notebook. hehehehe

Libby said...

dorko, it's starting to sound like your 'notebook' is getting too big for its britches...maybe you should consider transferring it to, oh, i dunno, maybe a roll of paper towels??
BoUnCeS!! LibbY!

Lillee said...

A sunbeam, a sunbeam, Jesus wants me for a sunbeam..............or something like that.

Alekx said...

Okay, I'm bad and you are going to kill me but I'm thinking of a certain ummmmmmmm decorated cake you made once upon a tequilla time.

He he he he just had to bring up this memory.
The memories now days are so much clearer without the haze we used to be in but some of the memories sure are fun aren't they.

Boy was that a ummmmmmmm yummy cake.
giggle

ducking
see ya

1 Corinthians 12:31

... covet earnestly the best gifts: and yet shew I unto you a more excellent way.