Monday, August 29, 2005

Migratory Birds

Business communication class last week detailed how problematic mis-communication can be and I was reminded of this little blurp I spotted in a Reader's Digest a looooong while back:

The inscription on the metal bands used by the US Department of the Interior to tag migratory birds has been changed. The bands used to bear the address of the Washington Biological Survey – abbreviated as “Wash. Biol. Surv.�

A letter from an “unhappy� camper:

Dear Sirs,
While camping last week I shot one of your birds. I think it was a crow. I followed the cooking instructions on the leg tag and want to tell you it tasted horrible.

The leg bands are now marked: Fish & Wildlife Service.


Off to class!
Have a great week!
D.

9 comments:

Alekx said...

OMG you are soooooooooo bad
that took me a minute to get

Woman don't make me think so much it's way to many moving parts

Libby said...

THAT WAS SOOOOOO GOOD!!
BoUnCeS!! LibbY!

Libby said...

THAT WAS SOOOOOO GOOD!!
BoUnCeS!! LibbY!

Azathoth100 said...

HAH! I love it! Of course you'd never boil a crow, you should slow cook over a grill.

Unknown said...

I think Libby lilked that!...lol

It was cute...and Azathoth is right.

Op~

DBFrank said...

Ewwwww

MomThatsNuts said...

good one. Gonna show that one to the ETK.....

Have a great day hun!!

Mom

Burfica said...

hahahahahahah hehehehehehehehe hohohohohohoh uh uh uh uh

DLAK said...

I drank too much last night and had a "little blurp" of my own.

1 Corinthians 12:31

... covet earnestly the best gifts: and yet shew I unto you a more excellent way.