Monday, July 11, 2005

Dad's Family Photo


My paternal Grandparents, Dad and his brother.
This is not a complete family photo. There were other children. This was a 2nd marriage for both of my paternal grandparents. These are the youngest of all of their children; the 2 sons they procreated together, my father is the older one with the great big smile. It is interesting to note that both of my paternal and maternal families had portraits taken at a studio named BROOKS, here in McCook, Nebr. That studio burned to the ground years ago. I really like the images in these photos and the art deco mats BROOKS was apparently into before that fateful night, when the fire raged and they went out of the business of capturing and keeping small town history - for good.

1 comment:

Burfica said...

which one is your dad???

1 Corinthians 12:31

... covet earnestly the best gifts: and yet shew I unto you a more excellent way.