Monday, June 06, 2005

Sunday Rambles...


This past Sunday was a fast and testimony Sunday and the gospel doctrine lessons were on the Plan of Salvation. I was sooo looking forward to it, as I always do, this is a special meeting~ generally the 1st Sunday of every month ~ When the people have the opportunity to bare their testimonies, when the spirit dictates to the hearts of the congregation what should be shed at the pulpit. It didn't take me long, after moving here and joining with this branch of the church to realize which ones were going to capture my complete attention everytime they stepped forward... the ones that walk close with the spirit in every turn of their lives... the ones that give me cause to insert that extra hanky into my scripture tote before leaving the house each Sabbath morning... never know when I'll be touched to tears. ... behold ~ the simple servants seeking after truth and the Master's hand...

Well! I missed the entire 1st hour! I simply over slept! Grrr. I had gotten to bed early enough... despite the tempest that was, in fact, raging across the earth and sky, and the diet sodas I'd shot down that day and the twisty phone call I'd just shared with this amazing man, who's not only captured my attention, but my heart of hearts. He and I are 'connected' on every level we've tested thus far and and we're mindful therefore of the potential and possibility, within ourselves and within each other, to share an ultimate love, a love above all other loves (save the Savior's)... Ahem...
And so I'm 'preoccupied' but doing quite well to secure the parameters before midnight ~ as the Ladydogger and Dr. Seuss [Claudia~ da cat] and I all tucked in early, and close, at lights out. I was reviewing the blessings of the day, the steadfast love building in my heart, saying my own little prayer for that and the lessons for the 'morrow and considering the dedication of my fast and offerings as I tottered off to a sure, safe sleep... some where around 3 a.m., for crying out loud ... WOOF! ....wa .... WOOF!

The Lady dog was talking to me. [Translation: ... Outside! .... Um.... OUTSIDE! ]

There is no wisdom in ignoring a geriatric dogger whenever they've given the "outside" prompt especially at 3 o'clock in the morning! Even if it is just a scratch and sniff expedition she has on her addled doggie brain ~ it's just not worth the "risk"! So-oo! Out we go! Grabbing "whatever's closest to the bed" for clothing's sake [some great combinations happen that way, doncha know it!? This time, I believe, it was the charcoal grey cotton shorts - elastic band, easy on, easy off, [LOL!] with the deep purple t-shirt I'd personally embellished with the glow-in -the-dark fabric paints. .. .. found the imitation shearling fuzzy slippers to 'complete me' enroute to the carport door. ] Dog, and Dr. Seuss ~ whom we can refer to at this point as liquid kitty she 'flows' that quiet, quick and clean ~ assigning themselves in the customary entourage fashion: doggie stopping periodically for no- good-reason-whatsoever & getting so in the way and kitty doing her very best to NOT get stepped on but still be the first one out of the door and into the night... hummm.

What a night. The tempest had past. All was silent. All was calm. I could see every star in the firmament up above, even without my glasses! and the milky way arched and stretched forth her glitter path against the dark contrast of deep, deep space. The smells... that the rains had left clean~ dampen and yet crisply clear: of earth, grass, wood, the ionic dews distilling in the canopies of the trees... I drank it all in while watching the lump of black which was darker than the night and which was my dog satisfy whatever urge had brought us out to met this special space in time. I felt that salvation, happiness, redemption, restoration, and mercy, were all there attending me, along with sweet beauty and peace ~ each one standing, just outside of the realm of touch and periphery of sight... and that they were singing to me.

I've been told that the highlight of the testimony meeting was Sister Kohler. [pronounce a long 'oh' sound ~ Co-ler] She's the oldest member of the branch in her late 80s or early 90s now. She told of a time when she was a young farm wife and laid low by encephalitis? <-(spelling?) most likely from a mosquito bite. She had to be in bed for 3 or 4 months. It was very difficult, she could do nothing on her own. She told how a bird, a magpie, had come to perch by the bedroom window and sing it's chattery song every day. She said there never was a magpie before she got sick and this magpie never returned again after she got better. Coincidence?
Sister Kohler is convinced that the magpie was player in the Master's plan, that it had been sent to cheer her long days of recovery.

Scriptures tell us that men are that they might have joy... and .... Ye endeavored to believe that ye should receive... I bare testimony that the gospel of Jesus Christ is true and fully restored.

... And Christ hath said: If ye will have faith in me ye shall have power to do whatsoever thing is expedient in me. And he hath said: Repent all ye ends of the earth, and come unto me, and be baptized in my name, and have faith in me, that ye may be saved. And now, my beloved brethren, if this be the case that these things are true which I have spoken unto you, and God will show unto you, with power and great glory at the last day, that they are true, and if they are true has the day of miracles ceased?
Or have angels ceased to appear unto the children of men? Or has he withheld the power of the Holy Ghost from them? Or will he, so long as time shall last, or the earth shall stand, or there shall be one man upon the face thereof to be saved?
Behold, I say unto you, Nay; for it is by faith that miracles are wrought; and it is by faith that angels appear and minister unto men; wherefore, if these things have ceased wo be unto the children of men, for it is because of unbelief, and all is vain.
For no man can be saved, according to the words of Christ, save they shall have faith in his name; wherefore, if these things have ceased, then has faith ceased also; and awful is the state of man, for they are as though there had been no redemption made.
But behold, my beloved brethren, I judge better things of you, for I judge that ye have faith in Christ because of your meekness....
... and again I would speak unto you concerning hope. How is it that ye can attain unto faith, save ye shall have hope?
And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise.
Wherefore, if a man have faith he must needs have hope; for without faith there cannot be any hope.


Alright... I'm getting carried away... sorry. I didn't think I'd be quoting those scriptures when I sat down to write I was shooting for Job 38: 4-7! *sighs* It is enough... got dishes, mowing and ta-dah! -> laundry to do!
Much love and cheerios! ~ 2 all who pass this way!

4 comments:

MomThatsNuts said...

What a wonderful child of God you are!! Full of all sorts of appriciation for all things! Keep up the good thoughts and you will be blessed in all things....

Mom

Kerry M. Conway said...

excellent post love-powerful!!!!

sighs i have dishes to due now too!!!

Unknown said...

Have I told you..how much I love it when you talk like that?

No doubt..that's one luck man!

I'm your Huckleberry...!

Anonymous said...

This is very interesting site... Barbara answering service Tranny amateurs Zithromax with zertc call center answering service Calling conference unlimited saab wagons reviews http://www.services-incorporating.info/Incorporating3dinflash.html Answering machine messages sound clips Connection download dsl manager nancy lopez golf clubs Cabinet design rhino paxil natural alternative anxiety depression social phobia No one knows its an answering service Sauna ruska Proactiv solution items arnold schwarzenegger pizza delivery answering machine

1 Corinthians 12:31

... covet earnestly the best gifts: and yet shew I unto you a more excellent way.