Friday, June 24, 2005

Sister of the Moon ~


................................... ~ [Spring 1981]

I thought I'd post another drawing going into this week's end. Looking back over my posts since Monday, this old pencil sketch, just seemed to fit the pace and the "mood". Inspirations? An evening drive from Imperial to McCook, I'd just seen a young man I'd refer to as my 'Bobbie McGee'; One of those prairie moons, rising large and almost full ~ a luminescent orange over scrub trees down in the Frenchman Valley; That old box elder cemetery and the local legends it's always spawned; Stevie Nicks and Fleetwood Mac playing sweetly on the bose system I insisted I needed to have; flying along the highway in my silvery prelude, low-slung and hugging pavement like there was no tomorrow ~ that car served me so long and well... moonroof wide open... gentle breezes flowing... rocking into that orangie sky... feeling youthful and free ~happy week's end to you all!

10 comments:

Libby said...

Dorko, this is beautiful!!
BoUnCeS!! LibbY!

Azathoth100 said...

Very nice Dorko. Glad to see you have a nice memory to go with it.

Unknown said...

Am I picking up here...that you might have been a naughty girl back then?...Shuger?

I like the sketch...
Op~

MomThatsNuts said...

beautiful~~

I saw the orangy moonie too. We have about 10 brush fires going here, so it gives the night sky a kinda strange tone anyhow...cool beans...

Burfica said...

OMG OMG OMG that is beautiful!!!!!

I'm telling ya girl, I love them!!! Got any dragons??/ I collect dragons you know. hehehehee

DBFrank said...

The sketch is nice.. and so was the writin' - as always. Blessing Dorko.

Dorko said...

Libby ~ Thanks!

Azathoth ~ Sometimes I can ID my inspirations for a creation & think it's good to put it with the work when I can.

Opie! ~ I've always been a good girl. Just how good, you know not! Hehehee :P

Mom ~ There is inspiration every where you look in AZ!

Burfica ~ I doodled, a nice blue dragon. Don't exactly know where it is; gave a fierce stripe one to my nephew, (who did one 4me that I cherish). I'll look. Opie tells me to dig out the sketch pad again ~ might do that 4U. BTW looking at this drawing again ~ the apparition reminds me of a youthful YOU, th' face especially... hum.

Steel Cowboy ~ U rise & shine early! :) Thanks for the compliments. Prayers, blessings, health & strength, good fortune & hopefully, a very special "Yes", forthcoming for YOU this next week!:)

Mona said...

Very cool drawing and reminiscing.

Julie said...

i can relate...
beautiful drawing!

Anonymous said...

I love this one!

1 Corinthians 12:31

... covet earnestly the best gifts: and yet shew I unto you a more excellent way.