Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Summer time

Summer time, time, time ~ and the livin's easy
The fish are jumping now ow ow ow
You feel it comin' on and the cotton's high
O! So high...
You know...~

OK! Nuff of that. Good old song though.
Always have the 'Janis Joplin' version going off in my head, but dig Billie Holiday's just as well.

June 21 = 1st day of summer. I do believe the frost is out of the ground, now people! [Big smiles, just for you!]

And to think ~ just 3 weekends ago I was cold! Snuggle up cold! Shutting up all the doors and windows, cold. Pulling on fleece ware and sweaters, cold. Digging in and gritting my teeth ~ dead set against turning on the furnace, of all things- cold! At the end of May - Amazing!

NOW it's the grand opposite!
Begged a couple elders from church to help me hoist A/Cs into the windows here. Bless their hearts! Had those little Rosanne Adan-Adanna sweat balls hanging off of their noses in T-minus 10 minutes of getting here, matched the one I was sporting, yesterday. lol!

Thanking God all morning long for the little shower he sent our way at 3:00 am. Not only cooled things down a bit but had that bonus, fresh rain smell, to go with the blessing. Hummm. That reminds me of a quote from one of those links I just pasted...

“Don't threaten me with love, baby. Let's just go walking in the rain� ~ Billie Holiday

2 good things about summer, you know you love 'em when you can get 'em, and thats: Rain and Romance!
Um-hum!
Go on.
Add to the list if you want...!?
Ignore the sweat balls and tell me what your favorite summer things are....?
Double dog days dare you2!

10 comments:

Unknown said...

With the summer..comes the heat..and lady.....I sure am in heat! (lol)

I'll be your Huckleberry Baby!

Thanks to you..I now have Janis in my mind and can't get her out.

Op~

Alekx said...

Not haivng to scuba dive with a ton of wetsuit on is always nicer in summer.

Love the SUNSHINE and HEAT

MomThatsNuts said...

Summer means watermelon and hot dogs and SUN SUN SUN I love the sun. Summer means sleeping in and lazy non-scheduled days....less hectic and more spontaneous.

Elders with sweatballs huh?? Im pretty sure they get bonus points for that.....

Mom

Mona said...

lightning bugs :)

Julie said...

I love Janis!!
Popsicles,
swimming,
water hoses,
getting to stay up late...

Burfica said...

summer time means days at the lake (which I'm missing dammit) and lots and lots of fresh fruit (which I'm missing, cuz Alekx says it has to much sugar in it) And grillen baby. We love to grill in the summer (which I'm missing, cuz they don't grill here)

Dammit I wanna go home now. whaaaaaaaaaaaa LOL

Mona said...

p.s. Dorko, you asked a question on my site today, the answer is yes, by all means!

Libby said...

good post...reminds me of summer when i was kid....but i STILL love popsicles!
BoUnCeS!! LibbY!

Dorko said...

Opie you cheer me up ~ even when I'm already happy!

Alekx ~ good point w/wetsuit & sunshine & after your last post I'm not surprised your talking about HEAT, either! lol!

Mom ~ Mmm, just knew somebody'd bring up watermelon, love your list, here...

Mona ~ Firefly! [lightning bug] My favorite!

Mike ~ Howdy! Thanks for stopping by! Lookin' at that trio of polar bears cooled me down!

Julie & Libby ~ Mmm. Popsicles!

Burfica ~ Your a beautiful fish outta water right now, lol, so to speak... babysteps girl. You'll git 'er done! [Thinking you and kiddo could talk Alekx into a hibatchi or something, they might even grow to like shrimp on the Bar-b! I know I do!!!]

Anonymous said...

I agree with all ya'll:

fireflies, watermelon, sun, fun, heat! Whoo! Oh and janis. I wanted to be her when I was younger!

1 Corinthians 12:31

... covet earnestly the best gifts: and yet shew I unto you a more excellent way.