Thursday, June 30, 2005

Dreams & Heartaches


........................................ [Fall ~ 1981]
.
.
.
Remember when ... [Hint: I dated this picture Oct. 31, 1981] ...well, maybe YOU don't remember! LOL!
The whole drawing wouldn't scan, this IS the lion's share of it though.
Hope you like it.
Been one of my personal favorites ever since it came through me and onto the page.
Don't have much to say about it.
Feel free to read your own interpretations into it.
I will say that, 'The winged heart" is a special symbol for me and my sister, [The Queen of Panic!].
I don't remember why we started using it.
Young women's fancy, I suppose.
I drew it here, and she "immortalized" it in stained glass.
She even gave me a piece of hers'.
Ah, but then we've been swapping bits and pieces of our creative endeavors, back and forth, for decades now. :) Cheerios2U all! ~ Dorko!

7 comments:

Julie said...

that is so breathtaking!

Alekx said...

I remember this one..

One of my favorites.

Hugs baby.
Miss you tons

You better get my ass on your instant messanger or you are a DEAD woman
Hear me.

Anonymous said...

off topic - Ya'll come on over to my place to get to Jeff's place and leave another comment. We aren't at 1000 yet and he graduates from boot camp today! please!!!! *begging as only a good girl can . . .*

On topic! I love your drawings Dorko!!!

Unknown said...

I have a strong feeling for this also..from the first time I saw it...thats why I use it as my desktop wallpaper from time to time.

Your Huckleberry

Libby said...

dorko, you are a wonderful artist!! please, get back to drawing!!
BoUnCeS!! LibbY!

Burfica said...

very very beautiful!!!! And I agree with Alekx, you better get my ass on your messanger list or else!!! LOL

dangermama said...

thats gorgeous - would make a wonderful tattoo... :)

1 Corinthians 12:31

... covet earnestly the best gifts: and yet shew I unto you a more excellent way.