Saturday, June 11, 2005

Native Prayers

Black Elk: Holy Man of the Oglala Sioux

"Grandfather, Great Spirit, once more behold me on earth and lean to hear my feeble voice. You lived first, and you are older than all need, older than all prayer. All things belong to you -- the two-legged, the four-legged, the wings of the air, and all green things that live.
"You have set the powers of the four quarters of the earth to cross each other. You have made me cross the good road and road of difficulties, and where they cross, the place is holy. Day in, day out, forevermore, you are the life of things."
(Thank you, Opie for sending me the link. Love the native prayers.)
Click on 'Black Elk' and the 'Native Prayer' title for more prayers.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Yahtahey..

I'm glad you like that site..it inspired me..just like you did!

Your Huckleberry

DBFrank said...

Did you perhaps catch "Into The West" last night on the idjit box? REALLY good show.. I recommend it highly. It is on each Friday, Saturday and Sunday night.

Burfica said...

very nice. coolios

Mona said...

Thank you...I love Black Elk...and ready for my favorite quote? "The first peace, which is the most important, is that which comes within the souls of people when they realize their relationship, their oneness with the universe and all its powers, and when they realize that at the center of the universe dwells the Great Spirit, and that this center is really everywhere, it is within each of us."

Dorko said...

Yahtahey, Op ~ You cheer me up, even when I am already happy! [I'm loving you!] :)

Steelcowboy ~ I so ENJOY programs like that! (Thanks for the heads up!!)

Burfica ~ hope you are healing fine!? Love you to bits, girlfriend!

Mona ~ Thanks for stopping by and [big smile!] leaving your encouragements and peace along with the Black Elk quote!

Alekx said...

did ya miss me

yahtahey woman

And not by one of those old fellas that always came and said yahtahey to me. You know the ones...
icky right

Love the prayer.
Love ya by the way

Dorko said...

Alekx!!! ~ Of course I've been missing you HARD! Knew you had your hands more than full at your house though! Been beaming love your way, girlfriend...hugs!

Kerry M. Conway said...

*hugs, hugs, hugs*

i love yeah!

1 Corinthians 12:31

... covet earnestly the best gifts: and yet shew I unto you a more excellent way.