Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Summer Yum!

Lemon Poke Cake – Grandma’s recipe
.
~ Cheap, fast, easy... nothing leftover at the end of the pot lucks. Grandma used to make this a bunch in the summer time and I'm thinking one of these babies is gonna have to happen @ my house TODAY! Some of you might already have this. Those that don't might wanna consider a drag-copy-paste, even if you 're not a great cook, people ~ you'll get compliments from this! ~ .
.
.
Dissolve lemon jello in 1 C hot water
(allow this to cool slightly but not “set�)
Beat 4 eggs & ¾ C salad oil
Add slowly ~ to cool jello
Add yellow or lemon cake mix and Beat well (2-3 minutes).

Pour into a 9x13 pan
Bake 20-25 min @ 350º

Let cake cool in pan, then use a fork to poke holes all over the top of the cake. Pour a mixture of ~

1 ½ C lemon juice mixed with 2 C powdered sugar and pour, evenly over the top of the cake.

Refrigerate. <-(Important) Top with sprinkle of powder sugar before serving.

.
.
.
P.S. Happy Hump-day Wednesday!
.
.
.

10 comments:

MomThatsNuts said...

Awesome, I do a strawberry poke cake that I do the same way but with strawberry jello and then I put whipped cream and fresh strawberrys on top! YUM I may do one of those for the party...

Mom

THANKS YOU CRAZY GIRL

Libby said...

damn, dorko! this sounds GREAT!! i think i'll give the recipe to kevin!! haha!
BoUnCeS!! LibbY!

dangermama said...

yummm.... thanks for the easy recipe - my fave kind

DBFrank said...

Oh does that sound good.

Alekx said...

OMG I remember when you used to make this at ohhh 2:30 in the morning after we had a night of teasing the ohhh so cute fellas at the bar then leaving them high and dry and we'd demolish a whole thing in an attempt to stave off the bed spins.
Gawd what memories eh girl.
hehehehehe
or should I not be telling these stories outloud. **smirk**

Mona said...

That sounds delicious...thanks for the recipe!

Kerry M. Conway said...

omg-runs of to find a pen *drolls* i'll be back in a minute...

Burfica said...

whaaaaaaaaaaaaaa I wanna try one!!!!! whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa LOL

Dorko said...

Yum. Whip it up in under an hour, including the 45min bake time, and hehehee, needs NO frosting! Yeah!

Unknown said...

Dorko...this sounds soo good! You'll have to make me one of these when you come to Eastern North Cackalackie on your vacation.

I'm Your Huckleberry Baby!
Op~

1 Corinthians 12:31

... covet earnestly the best gifts: and yet shew I unto you a more excellent way.