Sunday, May 22, 2005

Things are not always as they seem...

What a marvelous trip yesterday! I didn't get much sleep the night before ~ but, hey! That just has a tendency to keep me quiet and reflective anyways... perfect for the journey!

I made an offering of prayer for many of you while I was there. .. . .. . .. . on my way to church this morning, I remembered I'd forgotten one person I had really wanted to add to the list. Then, when I got to the church, I was pleasantly surprised to see them! I got to sit right beside them! [Beam!] And, I am therefore making up a new list, which includes this friend. I'll send it to the prayer rolls and I'll be sure to personally pray about the concerns myself, (that's just how I am). . . so... having said that, now's your chance! Anybody needing an extra wing and a prayer out there in the blogosphere? Leave your comment and I'll toss you in there, I'll gladly give you mine ~ whatever I have stowed up in that realm. What a deal huh?
The woman is feeling very fine now ~ amazing what a little sleep and some tender mercies will do for me!!!

On the lighter side ~ this joke got told in one of the "talks" this morning... going along with some discussion, on how sometimes, things aren't always as they may seem at first.... :
A burglar is entering a home in the dark of the night.
The burglar is trying to keep things as dark as possible so no one will notice he is burglaring...[That's the way is was told people! Heheheee...] When... out of the darkness the burglar hears this voice saying, "Jesus is watching you." burglar looks around sees nothing in the dark and then once again, hears this voice saying, "Jesus is watching you." burglar gets out a flashlight, shines it all around and discovers a parrot sitting on a perch, looking right at them. "Did you just say that Jesus is watching me?" the burglar asks. "Yes," said the parrot. "Oh!" Said the burglar, relaxing a little, and then asks, "What's your name, parrot?" The parrot says, "My name is Moses." "Oh!" Said the burglar, "What kind of fool names their parrot 'Moses'?" The parrot replies, "Same kind of fool that names the rottweiler, Jesus."
.... ok. maybe you had to be there.
I thought it was kinda funny. ...................
Have a blessed Sabbath Day you all!
And Cheerios2U!

9 comments:

MomThatsNuts said...

WB glad you arrived home safely! I got a phone call from my sister during church and missed most of it! My niece decided to stay with ME..I am her favorite aunt...lol anyhow, lots to do , thank you for the wing and prayer! I really felt it yesterday...

Mom

Unknown said...

(Opie has his hand up..hoping to get tossed in there)

Op~

Burfica said...

OH Dorko. Yes how about some prayer for all the traveling we will be doing in a week. For the purpose I'm going out to Texas, and for the kiddo and Jim, for them being seperated, and supportive on all this. :) thank you my dear. you are always in my daily prayers.

Libby said...

Great joke, Dorko!! (Oh, by the way, anytime you need/want something to pray for, you can always ask God to give science a hint for a cure for ms!! Not JUST for me....although I'd be VERY grateful!But for all the people who have it, and don't even know it yet.)
BoUnCeS!! LibbY!

Unknown said...

I'm a man with a clear destination
I'm a man with a broad imagination
You fog the mind, you stir the soul
I can't find, ... no control...

Op~

Dorko said...

Opie! You know I'm praying for you and with you every night. You're my Huckleberry...[big smiles, just for you!]

Mom & Burfica ~ I just so happen to have "ample" wings, LOL! you and your sister will be securely tucked there for sometime to come! [I know those men in your lives are trying to do the best that they can with what they have been given ~ and they need extra blessings for the sacrafices and stressors they feel as well.]

Libby! Thank-you for that! I was telling my hero, JK, that I'd remembered her to you... she amazes me still with her drive and vitality! I got you both, along with the cause, on m'list.

Alekx said...

I should have named my rottie Jesus..I like that...giggle

I just need general prayers since I'm sooooooooo bad most of the time. hehehehehe

I need to call you girlie..I'll try to do that this evening. I keep running outta hours in the day

Lillee said...

WOW! Last week was really bad for you. How did it turn out for the seniour citizens?

Dorko said...

Lillee! Good news! The 2 have been released from ICU ~ still in hospital ~ but gaining strength!

1 Corinthians 12:31

... covet earnestly the best gifts: and yet shew I unto you a more excellent way.