Friday, May 13, 2005

Smile because it happened


"Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened." ~ Dr. Seuss

That's the graduating moto for the senior class of McCook High School ~ 2005.

I'll be writting that on cakes covered with strawberry and chocolate butter cream, right along with whatever frillies also come to mind during the creative process. Duty calls in many forms and fashions. Helping people celebrate milestones in their lives? This is one of my favorites... almost like therapy for me, especially when they just say, "Decorate however you want ~ this is the basic ideas, we were thinking of, but you do what you do so well!" Sweet! Light-up your "Butter Cream" Yankee Candles & travel along with me if you'd like...

14 comments:

MomThatsNuts said...

NOT NICE...never say CAKE to a fat girl......no amount of celery is EVER gonna remove the BUTTER CREAM from my brain...and I thought we were friends....CURSE YOU DORKO....

Mom

ThreeOliveMartini said...

hahah@mom.. i am sure you arent that fat!! and those yankee butter creme candles.. EVIL.. i dont have candles in my house that smell like something that good.. makes me wanna eat!!!

that is one of my favourite sayings too by the way !!

Azathoth100 said...

Dorko, that may be one of the best quotes ever.

MomThatsNuts said...

P.S. are you sure Dr Suess said that?? It doesnt even rhyme....

Mom

Unknown said...

lol @ mom....sounds like Theodor Seuss Geisel had it together for sure. My Great GrandPa Opie always said.."Live fast..love hard..die young..and leave that swwwweeeeettt memory"...but it never got written on any cakes...

Op~

MomThatsNuts said...

My momma used to say....

It's better to be pissed off, than to be pissed on...

bet you wont find that on a cake either..

Mom :)

Burfica said...

lmao mom yeah at least you stay dry that way.

OOoO I coulda used you for kiddo's cake, what a fricken night mare here. Next year you have to get your happy ass down here and do it for me. hehehehee

Jim said...

its not over is it ?


NO! i wont cry
i'll just die

Unknown said...

"Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened."

"I'm not crying because it's over...I smiling because it's begun"

Op~

Mia said...

Lol at all the comments. Thats a very nice quote.

Stud said...

Smile is a curve that make many a things straight :)

Stud

Kerry M. Conway said...

*cheers* now that is some powerful insight love! thank you for sharing!

((((hugs)))))

Libby said...

yeah, mom, it might be better to be pissed off...but have you ever been pissed ON without being pissed OFF??
BoUnCeS!! LibbY!

Stud said...

Travel along with me to the moon and back. Climbing the wall hic, hic :)

1 Corinthians 12:31

... covet earnestly the best gifts: and yet shew I unto you a more excellent way.