Friday, May 06, 2005

Friday...

Friday night... nothing much to do but hang around... think I might...

:) Been a very long time since I heard that old song. Seems like nothing "conjures up" or brings the spirit [which ever one you're looking for] like music does. I'm half tempted to trot over there to my phonograph... dust off that vinyl LP and see if I can give 'er a spin. Sad thing is, last time I tried the turntable, it had a bit of a drag to it... shoulda been more diligent in switching over my collection to cassettes and now I guess I'd be looking at - what mp3 twinges?

Where the heck does the time go??? I was happy to finally focus in and get some stuff accomplished here today. Always feel so much better going into a weekend if the household has been swept and zoned and given a bit of polish - if possible. Hard, sometimes when EVERYTHING depends on you... then again, if you need something, why HEY!, it's in the last spot you had it... thats a benefit I dearly love. Stuff staying put. Seems like there were problems with that in years past when I was co-habitating with family, friends, roommates. Certain items just travel around a household of their own volition I think... like scissors, finger nail clippers, tweezers, your favorite writing pen... the remote controls for like everything... etc... there was a space in time when I would find my good water/drinking glasses outside folks! But, well ~ those were the "party" years... and my claim here is: "I DID NOT know it was a bad thing to invite people home - to your house, after the bar closed down..." My family just weren't big partiers... so I had figure a bunch of this stuff out on my own. Lame. I know but that's my story & I'm stickin' to that one!

I've been approached a couple of times here, lately, people wondering if I was gonna get a roommate - or if I would entertain the thought. .. .. and I can't help but entertain "certain-thoughts" sometimes, people... but I'm hedging on the roomie thing just now. I've had some dang good ones in the past (Alekx ~ for instance) and then some not so good... (you know who you are! Run up da bills and then runout on the rent... most likely with that Tommy Bolin LP I've been missing!!! Damn you! <- teasing. Actually think I "lost" that at the end of an art class I was supplying the tunes to once upon a time ago...) It might help with my COLE <-(Cost of living expenses) but there's always trade offs... gotta start shutting the bathroom door EVERYtime... can't just saunter around in the nude whenever you wanna... never know if "someone else" is gonna use up the ingredient you bought special - just for the pot luck dish you was fixin' on making and then not tell you about it until the situation's gone "critical"... !? Hate that.

Love my Peace & Quite. Hard to give up solitude when you've gotten REALLY comfortable in it. I realize some never do... there's people 'out there' that feel like they have to have someone ~ or they will surely DIE. I guess those folks wouldn't have any idea of what I'm talking about or feeling. .. ... it's not isolation that I'm talking about, I think isolation is a bad, bad deal. . . it's sweet solitude... I've heard a saying one time that basically said that "it is in solitude that we are least alone"... ok. You think that's screwed up. I heard you LOL. FINE! Be that way... but I must confess I understood that to be a truth. And, now, as I'm writing this... I'm wondering if one can achieve "solitude" with two? Hummm. Got something to think about over my weekend... along with principals of good stewardship...(giving a talk to some young women next Wednesday) and the gifts of the spirit which will be the Sunday School lesson coming up. Hope everyone is poised to have a wonderful week's end!!!! Love to all who pass this way & cheerios2U!

10 comments:

Alekx said...

You duct tape the 2nd in the back of the walk in closet. Give him a camel hump (the water back pack for the love of all that's holy people) and leave him there for a few hours you get some solitude
boys night out works
as does a 10 day vacation with his family. hehehehe

ThreeOliveMartini said...

i dont know.. I have gotten so used to being alone.. it would be hard to give that up.. but if the right person came along.. i think i could deal with it..

roommate? no way in hell.. i couldnt deal with that AT ALL ..

cause at least if it was the special some one you would have make up sex after the fights..

with a room mate all you get is resentment..

MomThatsNuts said...

Ahhh the jealousy I am feeling right now is both immoral and unethical. I would love LOVE to be alone for even a day. As a mom of 5 ( 6 if you count the Evil Troll which I DO) I am never alone. I PROMISE you, even if I happen to get to pee, the dogs come and stick thier little noses under the door. CANT A SISTAH PEE??? Seems the only time the teenagers want to talk to me is A) when I am on the throne, B) when I am on the phone C) when Law and Order is on...luckily the boys are going camping for about 4 days soon. That still leaves the girl home, but hopefully she wont be too much trouble.
Roomates are highly overrated. The ones you marry and give birth to especially.....Dont make me come there and enjoy your peace and quiet with you.....

Unknown said...

but.....what if it's your Huckleberry..Shuger?

Op~

Libby said...

solitude is what i have all day, every day, now that i'm retired on ss disability....husband & daughter both work all day...but i really don't mind it at all. i like myself (even if nobody else does! ha!).
BoUnCeS!! LibbY!

Burfica said...

I love my solitude, but not for over long periods of time. Just having that special someone to cuddle up to when your day was oh so bad, and when it was oh so good. It gives you more peace in your heart than the solitude does.

I'm not talking about roommates either. You don't need a roommate. You need a MATE sista. hehehehehe

Unknown said...

any applications avaliable?

Lillee said...

How did your study on the gifts of the Spirit go? Just curious. My husband and I pulled out the Bible last night and looked some of them up. Very interesting stuff. BTW, I found out, he has the gift of tongues!

Dorko said...

Alekx - you have the most interesting ideas for duct tape...

3olive - Ah. Make-up sex... good point. Long time no fight here, I'd forgotten about it ~lol!

Mom - C'mon over ~anytime!... I should buy this place~ a few "embellishments" would make it "Mommie Heaven"; be like a get away spa for those feeling ordinary, downtrodden, at wits end...

Opie - You my volunteer Huckleberry, Shuger? You want an application? We use to have 'em... (ask Alekx maybe she'll remember what we did with them things!) LOL!!! ~ can't believe you asked that! (I can't believe we made some up on a lark one time! Still LOL!)

Burfica ~ you "got" me... thinking anyway... that you're killing me! AH! ...& maybe you're right... maybe I should start making myself a little more "available", C what happens?

Lillee ~ Them spiritual gifts -A favorite gospel topic... all went VERY well, maybe I should blog on it, some time? Ahem, as for you and your sweet hubby... just as long as he's laying those gifts on you, I'm thinking you'll be a happy woman!

Kerry M. Conway said...

hi yeah doll! just swinging by to say hey yeah...

smiles
hugs &
love

kerry

1 Corinthians 12:31

... covet earnestly the best gifts: and yet shew I unto you a more excellent way.