Friday, October 21, 2005

Water Pot 1+2

Finally. The Art Teacher said we could take some of these preliminary sketches home! I tried to bring them home last week. The Teach saw them on my desk and snuck them back over to his pile on the light table. Explaining all the while that although he was done looking at them he still needed to document them. He was basically paying a compliment to me, saying that he need to record my work, as a reflection of his work - as teacher. =)
If the water pot here looks a little goofy, it's because All Art Teachers want you to work big and my beautiful, precious, lovely, I-just-want-to-hug-it all the time scanner doesn't accomodate the size drawings I've been doing. (niether will the big one at the Mac Lab in the Wrightstone Art Building on Campus) So... I scanned twice, played with opacities, lined up image (as best I could), merged the layers, enhanced the tonal qualities then placed a burnt orange layer under to bevel out into a frame for good measure. Thankful all the while that said scanner came with the soft-ware enabling me to do all that fancy foot-work. It has already helped me soooooo much in my other 2 Art classes!The Art Teach really liked this one - all kinds of excited that I "got" the concept that he wanted little to no fluff and all the sight line details of composition kept in there. Heh. I "get" it. Story of my life now, and for the remainder of my time cruising through my studies here at "school", both in and out of the Art Room.
Love to all who pass this way!
Have a happenin' weekend!
Cheerios,
D.
~

7 comments:

Libby said...

Dorko...you are a BRILLIANT artist!! I hope your art 'teacher' doesn't take credit for teaching you all the stuff you know...you have, & always HAVE had...talent, not taught, but God-given!!
BoUnCeS!! LibbY!

Unknown said...

Well..I see you've done good with "water pot 101"...I can tell you like it..you put a frame around it.

I'm with Libby about the teacher..but..we both know he's planning on using you talent.

Op~

Mona said...

You definitely GOT IT. It's cool to have that groove reflect in your art and in your lifestyle. WONDERFUL job, Dorko.

MomThatsNuts said...

I wish I could draw....or paint, or something. I sing, I play guitar and I crochet. BUT I WANNA DRAW...actually if I could GRAPH I would be happy

Mom

EV said...

Libby got it - I simply LOVE your sketches !!!!

Paul said...

Seems to me some training in art, whether studying it like you're doing, or that rarer self-taught artist, is needed to produce - well, art.

Wish they did that with poetry too. At least when I was in school, creative writing classes amounted to, "Here kid, take a sheet of paper and 'express' yourself...'"

So today we have, imo, a superabundance of poems that read exactly like prose broken into lines, almost like the authors never learned - well, how to write poetry...

DLAK said...

Sweet, I love this sketch. I agree with Paul, I love things that are not the way they are supposed to be but insted are pure and original, Like you.

1 Corinthians 12:31

... covet earnestly the best gifts: and yet shew I unto you a more excellent way.