Monday, October 03, 2005

Note to self:

Listen to the conference talks, this week!
.
Explanation to any & all of you:
This passing weekend marked the 175th general conference of my church.
I always look forward to 1st listening to the church leaders talk and then, reading each talk, as they are published in the church magazine, the Ensign. (April's, talks are published in the May edition, October's talks are published in the November edition.) Those are the only editions I make a point of reading cover to cover. They are like that living water to me, my soul just drinks them in.
My blog, my topic, so ...since I did not attend the conference, due to work and study concerns this weekend, I'm reminding myself here, and now, to listen this week to what the Apostles had to say.
I spent more than a few moments yesterday getting the proper player installed so that I could listen and study at the same time. (HA! If only I had more trial and instant success with all things digital rather than my standard, trial and error!)
.
Why the importance, why the note to self?
>Draws me closer to the Savior.
>Love the edified feeling I always come away with.
>Always facinated over how much of what is said, hits me like they are talking directly to me, (even though they are addressing the entire body of the Church of Jesus Christ).
>This gives me a major lift in the proper way of dealing with 'whatever' will be coming into my life in the next 6 months.
.
Cheerios2U all!
I'm off to class (again!)
D. ~

6 comments:

Libby said...

yay, dorko! hope it gives you a BIG lift for the week!!
BoUnCeS!! LibbY!

Burfica said...

sorry you missed the confrence, but glad you get to listen to it anyway. hehehehe

kitten said...

Hmmmm..."whatever"...is that a hint or clue of some kind? I just like the feeling of liosting to your regular run of the mill sermon on a sunday morning too...u feel, reborn..ready to face a new week.

Dorko said...

Thanks everybody!
Kitten, no.
No hint or clue of some kind for anyone but me.
I've been working and schooling hard and this on line journal serves me as a record of sorts for things that impress me.
Things that I need/want to remember. I seem to get here more than I update my personal journals.
Because it is more public than my private journals I guess I do have a tendancy to put things on here that I don't mind sharing- like my faith, but that in no way means I'm pushin' for any of you to believe as I do. That would actually put me in conflict with the 11th article of faith regarding my Church's doctrine.
I'm glad you identified that 'feeling' at the end of your comment, that's what I was talking about getting a fix of only I've found much of what's said in a general conference talk (when it's one addressing situations I'm facing) can litterally stick with me for months and years not just week to week.

Julie said...

As the great Ram Dass would said 'The next message you need is right where you are.'
Glad things are reafirming and nurturing you so!

Mona said...

That IS an important note to self. Hope your soul is fed while your brain is, too.

1 Corinthians 12:31

... covet earnestly the best gifts: and yet shew I unto you a more excellent way.