Friday, October 28, 2005

Frottage...

"Frottage," explains the Art Teacher, "is bringing texture into your composition by use of an underlaying surface ...and
.
... some
.
transferance."
.
Sounds a bit like psychology 101, A? lol
.
This is a little more concrete, as in putting paper down on a side walk and rubbing your crayon over the paper will transfer the concrete's texture into your work - cool, fast designing, minimum work-efforts.
.
I used a bit of fottage technique (I didn't know we had a name for it until now) when we practiced drawing circles last month.
.
You can see I got bored.
.
I drew the Apple, named it, Red Delicious and then the Atom looking thingie.
I drew an Orange - both naked and in full dress... which looked really blah until I went to the block wall of the Art room and added a little 'frottage'.
Click on the pix - you can make it larger which will make it easier for you to see the lovely effect the rubbing gave me. :) ... then came the tea cup.
This is all leading up to a still life...so...there will be more tea cups to come. lol

1 comment:

Unknown said...

yea..you can see it a lot better in the larger pix..cool

Op~

1 Corinthians 12:31

... covet earnestly the best gifts: and yet shew I unto you a more excellent way.