Friday, September 23, 2005

Red, White & Blue


Red, White and Blue
I'll leave this one open to your own interpretations. . .
.
Yes!
Painfully aware that it's another old one.
I thought I could get away with it since October is just around the bend.
.
Oh! But ...
You should see the photo-montage I just finished up for the digital imaging class. I learned tons of stuff in the doing of it, and I believe it came out, pretty good, alright!!!
Maybe the teacher will grade and I can put it up next week?
Hope so.
.
I found ole "Red, White & Blue" archived as a draft... from JULY, no less!
I wonder what else I got stowed away in here?
*tisk*
I feel another weekend project coming on...
.
I'm hoping that I will be busy working at the college, this weekend.
I've been called for an interview today! I hope I get it. 3 good reasons: It would naturally fit my class schedule, It's with the Dorm's cafeteria - so, I'm thinking I'll get one good meal out of each shift I would be working there, and last, but not least, ... I am slam out of money (lol!) & I got 20 days to make the $$$ to pay 90% of the bills coming in. (not lol, over that. no.) The Cafeteria is looking real good indeed!
My friend, Dean Shaner (Dean of Business and Community Education), told me about it. I guess they were short-handed and that was bad enough, and then the lady trying to "do it all" broke her toe! (Poor lady!) I submitted my application and resume yesterday and this morning the call, made me happy all day... ( that, and the fact that I was doing ART, all day, too! ) BEAM!
I just recently reworked that resume too...
In closing, I'll share my objectives with you:

OBJECTIVES:
To Learn: progressing in wisdom through experiences and the knowledge they reveal
To Serve: to ever be, of good service to myself, my employers and my fellow beings
To Honor: by continually giving thanks and a conscientious stewardship over the time, talents, resources and responsibilities IĆ¢€™ve been given
To Endure: maintaining resiliency, through positive applications of endeavor - by seeking out live opportunities when presented with the adverse and the unexpected


Doing my best people, doing my best to - Learn, serve, honor and endure......
Cheerios2Uall!
D.

8 comments:

DBFrank said...

Have a great weekend!

Burfica said...

OooOO I LOVE LOVE LOVE that drawing.

Good luck on the cafeteria job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I need to ask you to help me with something, but I think I will send it in an e-mail. maybe Opie can help with it too. hehehehe

love ya tons!!!!!!!!!!!!

Azathoth100 said...

Hope you get the job Dorko, I know what it's like being totally broke with bills coming in and I don't wish it on anyone.

Dorko said...

Update: Got the job!
Started making money & sandwiches in Brook's Hall (the Dorm's cafeteria) today!
The men's baseball team has an out of town game tomorrow, so my first job was to create about 50 PB&Js, and an additional 40 or so sliced meat and cheese sandwiches.
I also got a nice salad on my break and some delicious, left over pizza to take home with me!
Not having to spend the $$$ & time getting and making food for just me is gonna be a big bonus.

P.S.-Burfica: anything I can do for you, girl, just name it...

Unknown said...

Looking at that picture..I must ask..what in the world were you eating/smoking at the time?...lol..

Love ya Shugger~
Op~

Dorko said...

LOL! Um... I don't remember?
I do remember that I had a BIC 4-way pen with the black, blue, red, green & I kept clicking back and forth from the blue to the red...
Huckleberry.

emmeek said...

Hey Dorko, nice blogs. Interesting post. Saw your blog at Adrenaline Junkie's and came to take a look. Guess what? The both of us share the same layout. Good taste. ;-p emmeek http://thoughtsofnay.blogspot.com

MomThatsNuts said...

YAY you got the job..Im happy for you! Also, I hope your still praying for us sinners...
And please dont light a candle for ME...lol thats sorta voodoo hex-ish isnt it?? Now listen, you and I have already been round and round about the voodoo hex....hehehe

Mom

1 Corinthians 12:31

... covet earnestly the best gifts: and yet shew I unto you a more excellent way.