Friday, September 09, 2005

King of Beasts

Another "old" piece.
This one is undated, however, I know it was 'soooooooo high school', because of the note on the bottom, from my teacher.
He joked, "Sunday mornings, eh?" :)
Yesterday we did lines, again and then filled them with elipses and circles.
We were trying to draw porportionally correct circles and elipses to convey cylinders.
Perfect circles are VERY difficult to draw with the free hand.
I've heard it said that Leonardo DeVinci could do it.
*sighs* [I cannot] ...practice, practice, practice ...maybe someday!
I wanted to post my home, & class work, but our instructor had us turn it all in.
I think it's very cool that he keeps insisting for us all to leave the formative lines in this preliminary sketch work we're are doing.
[I've always rather liked drawings that left some the mechanics or raw guide points in 'em] Anywho... next Friday, I hope to record a few of the things I turned in, here on the blog.
Have a decent weekend!
Dorko

12 comments:

Unknown said...

hahahahah...you've been spammed slammed by "Mr Wanna Free ipod"...hunt him down..turn him in to the authorities...cut out his "___"..if he doesn't have any..sew up the opening...I'm with "Dlak"..death to all spammers!!!

Op~

Dorko said...

Opie, darling, I'd be "lion" if I said I liked them! :)

Libby said...

dorko, i'm so freakin' impressed! this is beautiful!! and how in the world can ANYBODY draw a perfect circle freehand? you have many God-given talents...you better get going, girl!!
BoUnCeS!! LibbY!

Alekx said...

RAHR

All I want is courage said the Cowardly Lion. :-)

I'd draw you a perfect circle freehand but we know I'm to perfect to show off like that.
**smirk**

Jim said...

Dorky,
i aint no beast like OPIE
but i love u like crazy

DLAK said...

Hi Dorko, cool drawing, love the big tongue, lol

Paul said...

My imagination, or does the lion have a human tongue?

I can't draw perfect circles, but I can write backwards if I use my left hand - naturally, and without even thinking about it. But I can't read what I wrote unless I hold it to a mirror or put the page backwards to the light.

Does this count for anything as a sign of genius? So far its only use has been that kids think it's quite entertaining.

DBFrank said...

Nice pic.
Stoopid spammers.
Heck.. I can't draw a straight line with a ruler, so don't despair :)

Mia said...

hmmmm I think I can draw a perfect egg. lol...but nice pic.

Dorko said...

Free ipods - "Don't make me hurt you!"

Opie - cut out is "__" <-(Cuticles? So the little fingers are too sore to type?)

Mike - Hehehee...I think everybody looks like that on Sunday morning, at sometime or another!

Libby - Thanks!

Alekx - *Smirk* II

Saby - Not enough people in this world saying 'I love you', so thank you & right back at you 2!

Brock - Thanks for stopping by! Um... 'used lion for sale - cheap, internet pricing, check it out...' lol

Dlak - Yes. Ahem. Not the first time someone's identified with the tongue length there. I don't know why lions have such long tongues? :)

Paul - anything homespun & wholesome that's quite entertaining to kids is genius, YES!

Steelcowboy & Miranda - Thanks! No worries, artsy fartsy is my realm of pleasant possibilities. Egg-actly where I love to be! Hehehee

Burfica said...

Dorko baby. I love the lion.

and yes you may use anything of mine. So if you want that picture, go ahead and use it.

Love you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Kelsey said...

you have quite a few fans here. i do like the lion, makes me think of aslan.

1 Corinthians 12:31

... covet earnestly the best gifts: and yet shew I unto you a more excellent way.