Saturday, September 17, 2005

Gondola

!?
That's right. . .
.
One word, baby!

.
"Gondola"
.
I found it, along with the accompanying "Gondolier", in my Webster's Dictionary,
sandwiched inbetween the words: 'gonad' and 'gone'.
I believe this could be a word of value, an inspiration, to those embarking on the rebuilding of New Orleans. ("Narlens" - for those of you who speak the eastern North Cacalakie dialect)

... UM, I'm talking about the word "Gondola", here. (NOT: gonad and /or gone!!! *sheesh!* pervy people, got to explain everything in detail, these days!)
Why not consider working with what you have, and building the city below sea level up, to old world 'Venice' style, and practicality?
At least, right there along the coast line, at any rate....?

I mean if a dessert town like Las Vegas can do it, surely New Orleans can work a little somethin', somethin' out....?
Raise them buildings, toss in canals and arched bridges, launch a considerable few water taxi and, and, .....
'K.
I took a homework break and happened to watch a travel journal on PBS.
(Guess where they were visiting?)
I'll go back to my books.
.
It seemed like such a genius idea, there, inside my head.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I have one word for you..."homework"...have you finish your homework yet young lady?...LOL....not!

Your idea about water canals and gondolas will never work down there..too many drunk would be drowning!

Op~

Azathoth100 said...

Not sure the whole Gomndola thing would work with Mardi Gras.

Dorko said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Burfica said...

YOu lost me at Gonad.

Dorko said...

Humm.
2 words: Water Wings!
Outfit skid row with water wings... (C'MON! At least, Visualize this, before you say - nah.)

1 Corinthians 12:31

... covet earnestly the best gifts: and yet shew I unto you a more excellent way.