Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Poster


The assignment: Design & create a (12x18') poster for the (upcoming) student art exhibit at the Wrightstone Fine Arts Building.

I used the building's construction as my inspiration. Brick and Block and a skylight that runs the main length of the building. The skylight is made up of rectangular panels over rectangular framing. "Rectangular framing" - being a repeated pattern in most art exhibits, I thought it would work out ok.
What do ya think?
I just finished this design - but have not taken it to print yet...
I left it open to tweakage. ;)
The blessed event is open to the public.
Drop on by if you're in the neighborhood!
lol!

4 comments:

Burfica said...

OOooooO I like that. I lov eyour choice of colors and shading on the walls. very very cool.

Alekx said...

You still rock girl.
What more can I say

EV said...

I WISH I was in the neighborhood. You never cease to impress me.

Dorko said...

Burfica and Alekx - Thanks!

Mike - The McCook Campus is beautiful. It's like a mini-university. Boardered on the north, by wooded parkland, And that flows down grassy hillside into a little bowl canyon and crick wash - usually dry - unless we've had a "gully washer" rain storm.

-All very well kept.
A great environment (for me) to learn and grow in!
Thank you for your encouraging words!

1 Corinthians 12:31

... covet earnestly the best gifts: and yet shew I unto you a more excellent way.