Saturday, April 01, 2006

Exploded!

The assignment: Computer generate, using the Adobe Illustrator program, an exploded view of a simple object.

The point was, to demonstrate to all, how much easier computers have made this type of work, for those of us endeavoring.

Ha!

This took, an excruciatingly long amount of time for me, to complete. Partly because, well, I am just learning. So, a fair amount of trial and error went into putting this together. - and - I'm building a portfolio here. So, I'm picky about details you may not even notice, but that, I can see, and that, I know are there. Lastly, this was not the 'simple object' I originally thought it was going to be! The 2 rings with the eight 'teeth' which normally hold the little Happy Face Air Freshener together were a major source of frustration! (Grrr!)

I spent hours and hours and hours at maximum magnification levels lining things up, (losing my place!), grouping shapes and gradients together, (undoing bad stuff!), creating subtle color variations, (ect, ect, ect,...), and, in the end, I printed twice - because, I realized I'd forgotten to add my little signature 'dP'. It's on this version. (Just another detail that most won't see. But I know it's there.)

I do like the end result.

The hours spent become a small matter in gathering and reviewing the lessons I learned in the doing.

Screw the stress of, well, everything that's stressful in my life right now! (I'll not bore you with livid detail, lol!)

Being satisfied with a job well done?
THAT makes me a happy girl!
(even if my semester and my 'id', are looking and feeling more and more, like this particular little drawing!!! =) lol!

Happy weekend to you all!
Love and Hugs- D.~

P.S. I scaled this copy down so it would load up faster. If any of you would like a "nice" copy to print I did save one, complete with printer's marks in a .pdf format. Cheerios!

P.S.S.: Happy (wedding) Anniversary to 'The Queen of Panic!" and her hubby, 'The King of R.E.M.!" LOVE YOU BOTH - BUNCHES!!! And I ain't April foolin' about that!

4 comments:

Burfica said...

oh my goodness, Dorko. I was just ready to call out the patrol on you, hadn't heard from you in so very long. Your alright aren't you???

So...glad to see your alive an kicken if a little irritated. hehehehe

Dorko said...

Yes! Burfica, I'm just stressin' at this point in the semester. Stretching to get everything done. Mentally hyperventalating all the while, perfectly fine otherwise.

Pitch, I soooooooooo know what ya mean!

Azathoth100 said...

Glad you got it to come out the way you wanted.

EV said...

Nice job! Deep cleansing breaths. ;)

1 Corinthians 12:31

... covet earnestly the best gifts: and yet shew I unto you a more excellent way.