Friday, December 09, 2005

Progress Detail 2


Another 6-7 hours into it.
My art teacher said, "It's beautiful" - high praise.
(Sorry about the 'missing square', but again, because this is a 2 foot by 1 and a half foot drawing, I had to scan twice match them up, bleed and then merge 2 images together to show you what I did today -[12/2])
Progress was slow on this section due to the fine detail on the book and eye-glasses.
"Implied line" is tricky.
(where you imagine a line to be but you don't really put one in there)
It can be extremely challenging, for instance, there were a couple of times when I was using 2 hands to draw - one to steady the other - lol! Never had to do that before, but there were a couple places that needed one very, very fine, well placed line, to do the trick and I didn't feel risking a squiggle, off my mark, would make me very happy.
I think the effects are well worth the effort in the long run. Especially since teacher pointed out that the book and glasses will be the composition focal point - so I needed to be mindful of that eye travel.

I am liking the piece more and more as I push it to completion. =)
I expect that the lamp will be the easiest part - once I get the rest of the flowers in the basket this'll almost be a done deal.
Hope you enjoyed the progress report.
By the time I post this draft the completed picture should be matted and in a frame.
That's the goal.
Hope your goal is a safe, enjoyable weekend!
Cheerio!
D. ~

11 comments:

EV said...

I'm with your art teacher , "It's beautiful" - high praise"!!

Mia said...

omg that is sooo good.

Alekx said...

sweetheart....age and time has not dulled but sharpened your skills.
I'm soooooooo happy you are back into your art.

Unknown said...

So are the leans for the glasses "near-sided" or "far sided"...lol...good work Shugger.

Op~

Burfica said...

I just so love that more and more as it gets along.

Libby said...

Good job, Dorko! You are already a fine artist, and anybody with half a brain (me?) can see that easily!!
BoUnCeS!! LibbY!

Azathoth100 said...

DEAR GLOD! Thats awsome! Jeez Dorko, any thoughts on doing art for a living? What would you charge for that piece?

Dorko said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Dorko said...

=) Thanks to you all for your encouraging words.

Opie - don't know about their optical strength, but I do know, one lens has a 'chip' in it.

Aza - That's what I'm working on now. The opportunity has come and I am pursuing it as best I can.
I don't know what I would charge for an original work, I'll have to start thinking about that, won't I?
I've never sold anything before... I've given a lot away.
(My Sister is a big collector of my Art pieces just as I am of hers' lol! We, my Sister, Brother, and I - rarely buy store-processed Art, our homes are full of originals from each other and from friends.)
If you really like this one, (I did get it done!) I'll look into scanning, formating and linking it in a way that you can download for a print-off to keep.
=)
...And a very Merry Christmas! to anyone else who'd like to do the same.
Look for that to happen around the 23rd.

~SugarBear~ said...

WOW! Beautiful, what a talent you have.

Anonymous said...

Where did you find it? Interesting read face lift without a knife Screen printed jackets Prices cars bmw Baseball encyclopedia online Appliances for the blind Cisco 5950

1 Corinthians 12:31

... covet earnestly the best gifts: and yet shew I unto you a more excellent way.