Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Just one more thing...

Yep. That's all I need - just one more thing to deal with going into finals week! NOT!!!
I've discovered the computer lab's equipement loads and runs much faster than mine. (rolls eyes heaven-ward - considers a rant .... na, no time! ) So! I stayed after BSAD1020 yesterday padding up my Digital Image swipe file, to be graded, naturally. I came away at around 4:30 - 5 p.m., plenty of time for a late lunch, early supper, and back to Wrightstone for Graphic Design.
I
nearly
froze
to
bits
between Walsh-Brady
(er, these are the names of buildings, sorry)
and my car!
So I went to Wendy's dollar menu board by drive through and then directly home to munch and to put on more clothes! Heh. And I thought I was fairly well dressed when I'd left the house that morning!
The Temp. guide in the car read 14 degrees... I'm thinking "yeah, hang a big fat MINUS sign in front of that." The local news came on while I was finishing up the chicky nuggets and confirmed that we were sub-zeros in windchill at minus 4. um-hum.
I check messages, tick mark a call or 2, off my heart and mind, and gather all my G.D. trappings... be nice to get to class early - missed last week due to school closings. .. .. . but NoOo!
I get the grand idea to swing the car up to the mailbox out at the highway on my way out to class. I roll down the window to retrive the scant letters in there (Thank-you Burfica for the Christmas card & pix of kiddo!) and... swinging the Caddy back on route to Wrightstone... and... the dang window refuses to roll up!!!!! Just one more thing to deal with! Grrrrrrrrrrrr at myself for not thinking! Yea!!! At myself for 'extra clothes'!!! (Still, I nearly froze the left side of my body into a solid block, by driving on. Hehehee.)
Stupid power windows, worked at the drive through earlier because the car was warm then... the car was a fridgidare by the time I got back in and had the lame idea to check the mailbox... old power windows are tempermental -especially in zero temps.
There's my big Tuesday update... going with the extention cord and space heater plan RIGHT NOW to try to "fix it". I DO NOT want to drive around with that dang window down during this cold snap! I was seriously enough, disgruntled, and let's not forget, "chilled," - last night, to spur me on to some intense, problem solving drills NOW! ... wish me luck, please!
ok.
now where's my hat and gloves gone to...???
:D

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Hope you can get that window up..it's to get down below 0 again..like -4° there tonight and tomorrow night..and that with NO chill factor of 67% humidity and 10 mph winds....well...I guess that warmed you up huh?

OP~

Dorko said...

Opie O! I love you...
YOU almost always have a sweet little warming affect on me.

.........and...............

Ta-Dah!!! =)

Sweet Success!
The space heater did the trick and I now have some extra blankets in there for good measure, too.
With glass in-tack, I'm off to class!
Mmmmaaaauuuuhhh!
Huckleberry

Libby said...

Dorko...if it gets stuck again, sing "Joy To The Wotld" as loud as you can as you can while driving down the road! Either that will warm you up...or somebody will come outside and fix your window...win-win situation!!
BoUnCeS!! LibbY!!

Dorko said...

Libby - you crack me up.... that crazy little scheme would really work! Hehehee!

Azathoth100 said...

LUCKLUCKLUCKLUCKLUCKLUCKLUCKLUCK! Hope everything works out and we don't have a DorkoPop on our hands.

Alekx said...

You always have the most intruiging ideas to make your stuff work.
You are so darn cute.
I think I'd kill op for the weather report....
hehehehe

DLAK said...

Opie: You lucky boy!!!!
Dorko: I'm back, locked and loaded. Now, where are these sunday school kids? lol

1 Corinthians 12:31

... covet earnestly the best gifts: and yet shew I unto you a more excellent way.