Saturday, December 31, 2005

Guest Art...

I've been visiting with family members... which is why I have not been posting for the last couple of weeks.
The creative vibe runs through my family and is translating to the generation coming up.
I gathered up a few drawings from my nieces and nephews, pictures for me, created during their visit here - so I decided to digitalize and keep their works and feature them as guest artists on the blog.
This piece is by the 'little lord of leaping'. I used to call him that because the child never walked as a baby-boy - he ran, jumped, hopped, skipped and yes, leaped, everywhere he went. :) He has slowed down, a bit, now that he is going into the double digits (12).
This masterpiece was done on the back of a bowling alley score sheet inbetween the little lol's turn at knocking pins.
He explained, "The moon is golfing and that's one of those funny golf hats and he hits the star in the eye with the ball and his eye pops out and he says 'ow! my eye!' and the sun has one of those monocle thingies and that's Saturn with braces and a butt-chin." I'm not sure now what the little thing is above Saturn, I think it maybe the eye-ball, also saying 'ow!' =)
Gotta love youthful imaginations and the images they inspire.
Hoping we can all see the universe through the eyes of a child - from time to time - in this new year coming, and that peace, joy and prosperity will attend you (Right along with the Sun and the Moon and the Stars!).
**************** Note from Evan, the Artist:
"The thing above Saturn is not the eyeball, it's PLUTO, and he's saying 'AW!' Because he's afraid that he's going to be the next golf ball!"
See? I thought there was more to it! Thank you for the correction, Evan!
****************
.
This scripture from Galatians has been pressing upon my mind this passing week:
Galatians 5:22-23 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, Meekness, temperance, against such there is no law.
If the above 'fruit' is manifest in your hearts and in your homes I'd say you, my friends, are on a good, and well balanced track; and if winds of adversity, or change blow your way, you will fare well and remain strong - even standing as a strengthening force for others in times of trial.
I met with my spiritual advisor this morning.
I made the appointment yesterday, as I remembered, I had yet to attend to my end of year tithing settlement.
I've come to understand, that it is rather important to me, as a matter of obedience, faith, and humility - to inventory, evaluate and declare myself regarding tithes and offerings at the end of each year... honest accountability is a good thing for the soul.
I also needed to pick up the reference materials for the gospel doctrine course of study for 2006.
I will be reading through, studying, and God willing, teaching, principles from the Old Testament. . . so many truths and great blessings, standing there in, for the children of men to benefit from. Even if you're not the 'religious sort' one can benefit from the wisdom of the ages.
My mind made the link from my morning appointment with the Branch President to the tail end of the Old Testament which teaches of the Lord's law of the tithe (Malachi 3:8-12) and His great blessings which He visits upon those who are careful to observe it.
Malachi 3:10 - 'Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house, and prove me now herewith, saith the LORD of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it.'
And vs.11 - 'And I will rebuke the devourer for your sakes, and he shall not destroy the fruits of your ground; neither shall your vine cast her fruit before the time in the field, saith the LORD of hosts.'
Sounds good to me. I was thinking of putting in a serious garden this spring and can't think of a better endeavor-partner, in the whole-wide universe to have, than God. Praying providence in every needful thing for me and you in the year ahead.
.
May you do good work and may your harvest and blessing be plentiful in 2006!!!
.
(P.S. Watch out for 1st quarter, golf swinging moons!)
.
D. ~



8 comments:

EV said...

Happy 2006 , Dorko !!! ;-)

Burfica said...

Happy Happy new year Dorko!!!!!!!!!!!

~SugarBear~ said...

Happy 2006! I love the work of your guest artist - clearly the talent runs in the family. :)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Dorko said...

Ah.
NY.
All the best Blessings to you, dear one.
=)

Anonymous said...

...please where can I buy a unicorn?

Dorko said...

Sorry Anon. Unicorns can't be bought. Doncha know? No coin of any realm holds any value for the Unicorn Nation.

Dorko said...
This comment has been removed by the author.

1 Corinthians 12:31

... covet earnestly the best gifts: and yet shew I unto you a more excellent way.