Thursday, February 07, 2008

Wiki-"How To" of the Day: Romance Tutorial

How To Be Romantic
What "being romantic" means varies widely from person to person, but at its core, romance involves doing something to express affection in a meaningful yet unexpected way. A true act of romance requires creativity and sincerity, often inspired by love (either its presence or its possibility). While harboring affection for someone might be easy, translating it into romance usually is not. There are millions of romantic ideas in books, movies and on the Internet, but true romance comes from within. Here's how to get in touch with your inner romantic.
Read more... here

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Romance Columnist:

I always thought that romance meant expressing affection in a meaningful yet trite way - flowers, a diamond, candlelight dinner, walk along the beach...

Maybe that's been my problem.

Of course, not being able to walk hasn't helped much with the beach part. I've tried all the online dating services looking for that special someone seeking a frail, emaciated, middle aged man suffering from a rare progressive disorder, but keep coming up empty. It's all about what's on the inside, right? Why can't I find my soulmate? I just know she's out there.

Signed,
Still Seeking in Seattle

Burfica said...

I agree that romance isn't what books and t.v. say. Some of the things I find most romantic would never be in or on one of those. hehehehehe

Libby said...

dorko! romance?? pee-shawww!!

Dorko said...

Paul, Burfica, Libby, yeah, yeah, yeah. :P
I just couldn't beleive they had a tutorial!?
Still...
That advisement, that it comes from within, garnished with creativity, spintaneity, and genuine feelings of love - got me.
I believe that...
was spot on.

Libby said...

...dorko, i suppose my black, shriveled cold heart isn't conducive to love, then? lol!

Dorko said...

Libby... I beleive you're confusing that beautiful heart of yours with the little lump of coal you should have stuffed down Kev's prophylactics at Christmas time.
doh.
I typed that out loud didn't I?

Libby said...

HAHAHA!!! now THAT is just too funny!!! i love you, dorko!!

1 Corinthians 12:31

... covet earnestly the best gifts: and yet shew I unto you a more excellent way.