Sunday, February 17, 2008

Love Is ... Inscribed


There we have it.
I week's worth of 'Love Is...' posts to honor what love really is, and to mark Valentine's Day... which to me, and from what I know of it's origin, is an extention of what I posted of at Christmas time: The spirit of Christmas is the spirit of pure love.
'We', as in the collective, societal 'we' have 1st endeavored to celebrate Valentine's Day in tribute to a saint's reciprocal, altruistic, pure love - given without thought of personal gain, because he had 1st been transformed by a spirit of pure love in his life and was 'playing it forward'.
He was a condemed man and yet... his chairity (pure love) lives on - every February the 14th.
Whether you know the original story of Valentine's day, or not -
even those that would 'play' at love,
tip their hearts this way,
His way,
on Valentine's day.
ViVa Love!

No comments:

1 Corinthians 12:31

... covet earnestly the best gifts: and yet shew I unto you a more excellent way.