Saturday, February 16, 2008

Love Is ... Heartsong

Who doesn't have certain songs that remind them of special loves and those affairs that played out into that particular relationship or romance?
I remember trying to console an old roommate once upon a long time ago - (it was a 3's compnay situation, 1 Dorko co-habitating with a Bevus and a Butthead...) - anywho...
I said to the Butthead, "Here, let me put on some music! It'll help you to forget about that little old broken heart of yours... "
I'd go to pull out a CD...
"No!" He'd say,"That one reminds me of (insert random girl name here)."
I'd say, "er,... ok... we'll put on this one." (pulling out another CD)
"No!" He'd say, "That one reminds me of (insert randome girl name here)."
This little game went 6 or 7 rounds.
Who knew Butthead was such a romeo?
I finally settled on a brand new release, which, yes, reminded him of the current heartbreaker!
*sighs*
(yeah. I gave up trying to cheer up the Butthead)
When I'm not dating, I listen to the classical stations... something I never do with a "date".
I find it's great background music to whatever I'm doing at home and there's no lovelorn reminders sown into it, for me.
.
Still, like my 'Butthead' friend, I have quite the collection of songs - which remind me of special people.
.
What about you?

No comments:

1 Corinthians 12:31

... covet earnestly the best gifts: and yet shew I unto you a more excellent way.