Saturday, February 02, 2008

A Shot at Perfect...


No.
No big Superbowl party plans.
I just thought I'd weigh in on who I'd be rooting for.
I don't sit down to watch many football games on TV.
I've tuned into local coverage of the High School's games when they've gone to state... it is my alma-mater, after all, and amazingly, they've had nearly perfect records for the last 5 seasons or so. (heartbreakingly - loosing the last match for state champs, in the last minute of the game - 4th and goal - one of the opponet's deffenders managed to trip up the QB. oooou. grimace/smile) They play tight, and tough, but fair.
Since the Patriots have managed to keep their heads into each moment of each game thus far - and avoid the pitfalls that sometimes plague the overly confident... I'd like to see them take it all the way HOME.
A Looooooooong time ago I "knew" a little feller from the great state of Maine.
His name was Lucus.
He was fan-natical over the Patriots - they were his team, he'd leave no doubt about it when ever there was a match up with them in it.
So, I guess, by way of transference; since I've always carried a soft spot in my heart for that Lucus, (friend of mine!) I've also been inclined to cheer on those Pates!
Chalk it up to wanting to see something perfect manafest, everyonce in a while, in this imperfect world...
or...
Blame it on "Lucus"...zeal!
Whatever,
I'm rooting for the Patriots!
Go team, go!

3 comments:

Libby said...

...best of luck to them! ...and, actually, i say that to giants fan this year too, cuz, honestly, i'm not a fan of either one... ;-D

Burfica said...

I'm with libby not a fan of either one, but if I had to pick one to win it would be the patriots, but the giants did, so oh well. I do like Eli manning.

Dorko said...

=)
Well, it was a 'barn burner'!
I think the Giants flat out played the Patriots - so Congratulations!
And thanks to both teams for making it an exciting match-up.

1 Corinthians 12:31

... covet earnestly the best gifts: and yet shew I unto you a more excellent way.