Friday, February 29, 2008

Looks like I better be looking...NOW!



Ah what a day!

Woke up sick (feeling better now, thanks!), the glorious, spring temps & weather are helping that, but..., just a little bit ago... (2 hours - maybe?) I was 'served' with an eviction notice.

Not because I've been a bad renter, mind you - not at all.

It's because the property owners want to sell - and I occupy the house.
'The house' is the best asset on the property, which would be most reasonably subjected to a quick renovation for said owner(s) to spruce up to get the property ready to sell out at the best, optimal price point -or- for one of them to take possession of.

I've got 2 options.
One realistic, and one fanciful.
Realistic option is: find a 'new place' pronto & quickly move out... so... (guess you all know what I will be doing these next 4 weeks! Packing up and apartment hunting!)

One thing is certain:
This shall be
A memorible 'leap day' for me, for sure!
.
.
.
OH! I almost forgot,
Fanciful option: Win the lottery, and buy the flippin' property for myself, and use it to make a few other dreams come true!!!
lol...
I'm off to check the local classified ads for 'rentals'...

Cheerios2 all of you - Have a great weekend!

8 comments:

Burfica said...

well crap that sucks. But I'm sure you will be right where your supposed to be. Make sure you update me with the new addy though okay???

Alekx said...

I hate having to move more than anything. Told the hubby when we move again we are hiring people cuz we fight way to much when we do it ourselves. Not worth the headache
Hugs girlie

DLAK said...

Hey babe I told you before you can move in with me as long as you dont mind dalmations lol these are your loto numbers ... may you win a million...3 -7- 26 -28 -35 - 11

Libby said...

aw, dorko!! that sucks, to leave a home you've felt comfortable in! but, honestly, there HAS to be a master plan involved here, dont you think?

Dorko said...

Yup. SUX!!!
Burfica... er, sure - soon as I find a new home, move all my stuff, & settle back in enough to find my roll-o-dex with your info on it (lol)
Alekx... I am getting downright crochety about even the thought of moving any more (2!@#**^%$) I am SO -O- OO sick and tired of packing & unpacking m'stuff. (I seriously need to just pick a spot & settle down.)
DLAK...THANKS! I WON! Yup! $9 bucks! Whoo Hoo! (I needed that pick-me-up, too!)
Libby...I always TRY to look at it as my Heavenly Father leading silly, drag my feetsies through the mud, me - on to better things... but, seriously, this moving thing gets harder every time I have to face it.

Libby said...

now, dorko...you KNOW that's what he wants you to do!! just cuz it reminds you who's in charge! but he's doing it out of love, remember!

~SugarBear~ said...

Good Luck! I know stuff like this can be a nightmare sometimes. I will keep you in my prayers.

Dorko said...

Libby Yeah, yeah - I am well Loved fer sure! ;-)

~C~ You sweet thing! Thanks for the well wishes and the prayers. I appreciate it! =)

1 Corinthians 12:31

... covet earnestly the best gifts: and yet shew I unto you a more excellent way.