Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Motivational Theory

I found this cartoon while searching the internet for info...

Class tonight.

I thought the teacher announced at the end of the last group project that there'd be no more group projects??? (yup. I typed that with a bit of whine running in m' fingers.)

Now... here I am working with others on yet another...group project.
(At least all the 'others' are guys. I'm the sole girl in the group, so maybe I should take back the whine and enjoy - A?)

Our topic: Motivational Theory.
(Hence the cartoon, I found - Bah-ha-ha-ha-ha!)
So far we've decided to go with a brief opening in what it is, note some adaptations of theory not mentioned in our text books, then start tying everything back to practicle application in the workplace.
"Z" is taking it back to goal setting and employee recognition programs
"J" is looking into the positive and negative impacts MT may have on creativity and innovation
"D" [me!] is looking into the art of persuation, the diversity challenge and pulling out an assessment (to use as a handout for our presentation) along the lines of "What motivates YOU?"
(not alot can constructively happen until we know the answer to that question people!)
"B" was 'absent' tonight - so we're waiting with baited breath for his imput now...
So tell me... what DOES motivate you? =)

4 comments:

~SugarBear~ said...

Chocolate is very motivating.... well, sometimes. Good luck with the project.

Burfica said...

when you accidentally sit on a cat. That can be very motivating. hehehehehe

I think having a goal, setting it, and just putting in your mind it has to get done. I then start, it always helps if others around me start their part or help out or encourage. It's easy to drop off and not do it if you don't have that.

Libby said...

dorko-well, at this time, i've quit smoking...mostly because i'm saving for tif's $600 wedding dress, and i cant afford to smoke now anyway! (oh, besides the fact it's bad for my health...)
so, my girl motivates me!!

Dorko said...

~C~ Mmmm chocolate!

Burfica - well, YEAH! (LOL about the cat) and yes, support is very important in the motivational scheme of things...

Libby - YES! Hip-Hip-Hooray! For you, the non-smoker convert / champion! (Welcome to the "club!" I seriously don't understand how anyone can to afford to smoke now a days!?) Still... It takes alot of pluck and resolve to kick it. You have my admiration for doing so and you'll have that $600 bucks in no time too, if that's where your putting the former 'smokes' funds! =)

1 Corinthians 12:31

... covet earnestly the best gifts: and yet shew I unto you a more excellent way.