Sunday, May 07, 2006

Welcome, welcome...


"Welcome, welcome Sabbath morning - now we rest from every care... "
*sighs* The Hymns. I love the Hymns ... that's the opening line in one we sing in my church from time to time.
I rang in the morning down at the river. How glorious to sit still and know ... God.
To hear, and see, and smell, and almost taste his creation come awake and alive - vibrant - at the Sun's rise!
A sure metaphor, in my mind's eye, correlating to His Son's rise - the sweet victory of light over darkness... Resurrection and restoration over the sting of death and decay... freedom from the bondage and wages of sins.... etc... etc... etc... Today is a day that the Lord God made and I will rejoice and be glad in it!

(2)
=) D.~
PS: I found this lovely, copyrighted photo, at
http://photohome.com/index.html being both a student and a teacher I thought I should follow proper protocol and give due credit to the site and the photographer, Allen Matheson - I liked this shot by Mr. Matheson because it reminded me of what my experience was - this morning.
Top of the morning and everything good to you, this day, and al'way.....

No comments:

1 Corinthians 12:31

... covet earnestly the best gifts: and yet shew I unto you a more excellent way.