Friday, May 05, 2006

Trippy Skys - There is no place like Nebraska...


Howdy friends an neighbors,
I got these great photos from a friend in AZ of all places!
(Burfica over at Don't Eat the Tomatoes e-mailed them to me.) I thought they were pretty neato.
Dramatic skys + they brought back great memories - I lived in Hastings - I walked around the Heartwell Park area every morning for it's beauty and my excercise.
Kudos to 'Jorn Olsen' - for getting the shots - How many times have we all wished we'd have brought along our cameras?
Have a Happy Weekend!
_______________________________

Ever see anything like this?
Jorn Olsen works for the Dutton-Lainson Co. in Hastings, Nebraska, lives by Heartwell Park next to Hastings College and took these photos.
The stadium lights are at the Hastings College stadium just east of his home.
The clouds are called Mammatus clouds.
They are quite rare, but really beautiful.
They do not precede a tornado, or foretell a storm, but are formed when the air is already saturated with rain droplets and/or ice crystals and begins to sink.
The worst of the storm is usually over when these kinds of clouds are seen.

4 comments:

EV said...

Isn't it funny that if you painted those skies, someone would tell you it wasn't realistic. You have a good one, too.

Azathoth100 said...

Wow, just awsome looking. Gotta agree with Mike, if they were painted they would look so fake.

DLAK said...

They all look like tits and ass's to me, hmmmmmmm I wonder if Dorko see's penis's.

Unknown said...

Those are weird skies! Thanks for the comment on my blog:-) Are you on Deviantart as well?

1 Corinthians 12:31

... covet earnestly the best gifts: and yet shew I unto you a more excellent way.