Thursday, May 18, 2006

Small workings...


So!
Another hour or so into it. For a total of ??? (I didn't keep very good track of how long it took to get the "under-drawing" done) I'm figuring that I'm 2-3 hours along on this drawing at this point.
You can see by comparing it to the last post that I did a little more work to the left eye, beard & 'skin'. As always I've scaled these so the page will load quicker - however if you care to click directly on the picture itself - you can zoom in quite a bit. (I'm rather happy with that eye so far... I'm going to have to rework the other one quite a bit to match up!)
.
.
.
Here's a preliminary under-drawing for yet another 'practice' portrait I just started tonight. =)
Might be kinda fun to document how these things progress, I guess.
Hope everyone's week is progressing nicely!
Cheerios2U!
D.~

8 comments:

Mia said...

Wow, great job!

Burfica said...

It's hot here, hot hot hot. Bet you don't miss that about here huh?? LOL

It's lookin great Dorko. Can't wait to see the rest.

Dorko said...

Thanks Ladies!
Burfica - I really do miss running down the Mesa and jumping in the Lake! ... and I miss the kind of heat AZ has...
=)

dangermama said...

that is looking really good...

Anonymous said...

Dorko, you need to fix that L eye - he looks like Captain Ron. j/k :)

~SugarBear~ said...

WOW! That is fantastic! I'm interested to see the finished product.

Dorko said...

Addie - Careful, you could be next. lol...
Pitch - yes. yes. yes. :P
DMJ - WTHeck RU Talkin bout?
Mike - lol! I know. I see 5 spots, now, including that eye that I need to adjust a bit... something to be said for stepping back every once in awhile...
~C~ - Where U bean? :D and I hope to have the finished one posted up here by the end of the week...

MP said...

That is talent...good for you for using what God gave you!!

1 Corinthians 12:31

... covet earnestly the best gifts: and yet shew I unto you a more excellent way.