Wednesday, May 17, 2006

?


Mom (my Mom - not 'Mom that's nuts', although mine certainly is suspect... ) seems to think I can pick up some extra bucks doing portraiture for people. She called me up the other day and said that a friend of a friend had a photo of someone special that's passed and they wanted something special done with it - I'd certainly like to give it a shot.
I'm all about working hard this summer so that I'm in fairly good shape to meet my goals come fall and spring '07.
Thing is I sux at portraits. Maybe it's just that I'm so unpracticed at them... I've not really studied the mechanics of it in depth and I've serious doubts about my abilities to 'capture' someone's essence on the page. (Queenofpanic! is surprisingly good at being able to do that!)
Here's a start at a practice portraiture: ... I'll throw this one up in bits like I did the still life from last winter... this particular scan has maybe an hour - maybe two, of work into it.
As you can see I'm all over the place on a portrait, no methodical left to right disciplines here... whaddayathink?
Should I finish this one off .....?
or...
...... mark it with a 'B' for Bad and head on back to the drawing board..........???
Inquiring minds want to know, now.
.
L-8-R!
D.~

4 comments:

1 Corinthians 12:31

... covet earnestly the best gifts: and yet shew I unto you a more excellent way.