Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Sushi Ya-Ya: II

.

OK.
This is the 2nd design. I know. Same concept and site metaphor - this time the focus is more on the collectables as objects of art, themselves.
Same entry into the site navigation. I envisioned mapping the images to make them the hyperlinks to the various pages - once in the site the colors soften up and mute a bit and the icons reduce to smaller, ever present, buttons lined up horizontally along the upper right of each view pane.

Tell me,
Which one do you like better and why?

4 comments:

freethoughtguy said...

The 2nd design. It is much more dynamic and original!

Dorko said...

Hey, freethinker-
Thanks for posting your feedback - much appreciated!

Libby said...

the 2nd one for me too! it's an ad for a food place, not a beach, right?

Dorko said...

That's right, Libby ... a sushi restaurant (never been myself, lol!) ...primarily drawing in young professionals, the hip-happenin' crowd - business / dates - the primary pleasant surprises being: kick-ass food and meticulous customer service.

1 Corinthians 12:31

... covet earnestly the best gifts: and yet shew I unto you a more excellent way.