Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Gettin' snapy


Ok...
maybe it's the stress I"ve been under...
But...
Monday.
Driving back to work at the end of a nice lunch break.
Beautiful day!
Happy & healthy... =)
I am the only car on the road.
'The road' happens to be a wide, pleasant, paved residential street that rolls into a school zone and then stretches on down to business district and McCook's fabled cobblestones (the bricks).
I'm behaving my self respectably behind the wheel - speed limit - watching side street intersections (even though I'm on a 'through' street & all cross traffic would have stop signs...)
2 blocks from school zone it happens.
A behemoth SUV backs out of a driveway right in front of me!
It's almost like they waited for me to get up close and then at just the right second to screw me up - "I Own The Road" backeds right on out, onto the street.
Ou............
[I was So NOT impressed!]
Slam brakes!
Get a good, tight grip on that stearing wheel!
Then I get a clear looksie at the driver.
Some woman with a cel phone cocked up to her ear!
Ou............!!!!
NOW I WAS impressed! ...and not in a good way, mind you!
I mean what the heck is up with that???
If you've dialed the number .... in your drive way.... why not just finish the flippin' call while sitting in your flippin drive way, huh?????
Why, oh, why do we need you to back out in to traffic, at such a time as that???
Hey! Never mind the fact that I was the only one out there & headed her way - I still get counted as traffic!
Or, maybe we should give a little more thought to that - I was the ONLY vehicle heading that way - couldn't she have just let me get on by before she backed her big ol' boat out onto the road???
Heaven's to mergatroid!
I'm thinkin' this other driver, 'Ms Cell-lo Lame-brain' is just dang lucky I'm not a sociopath with a shotgun.
Otherwise, I might have just blasted away at her!
C'mon people!
A little common sense, please!?
*sheesh!*

1 comment:

Burfica said...

I hate that, and if you have to make a fricken call that fast from leaving your house, just make the fricken call before you leave.

That pisses me off so bad.

1 Corinthians 12:31

... covet earnestly the best gifts: and yet shew I unto you a more excellent way.