Thursday, March 08, 2007

Just wait... (lol!)

Somethin' to think about...

Mind set matters....
I was watching a late night show that took some e-mail tom-foolery out to the ''average Joes" on the streets of some big city. They got the least likely to be cyber savvy people to read some stuff out loud for their cameras. One lady (accompanied by a sweet looking gentleman I took to be her husband) stood out for me. When they came to a 'lol' abbreviation - she obviously didn't know what it meant, moments later, feeling the pressures of that rolling camera, she interpreted it to mean: Lot of Love... isn't that sweet?


"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog."
-- Mark Twain

"Ginger Rogers did everything that Fred Astaire did. She just did it backwards and in high heels."
-- Former Governor of Texas, the Late Ann Richards (9/1/33 - 9/13/06)

"You can't be truly rude until you understand good manners."
-- Rita Mae Brown, novelist

"My mother always told me I wouldn't amount to anything because I procrastinate. I said, 'Just wait.'"
-- Judy Tenuta in Early To Rise, 4/14/06

"Inaction breeds doubt and fear. Action breeds confidence and courage. If you want to conquer fear, do not sit home and think about it. Go out and get busy."
-- Dale Carnegie as quoted in Early To Rise, 1/18/07

LoL, ya'll!
D.~

3 comments:

Burfica said...

my mom always thought LOL meant lots of love too. She couldn't understand why me and Alekx said it so often in the instant messenger, and we said it after funny things. hehehehe That's where I picked up hehehehe just for her. lol

Libby said...

a girl at kev's job was im'ng someone, & they sd lol bk to her, & her husband accused her of having an affair! (lots of love)

NWJR said...

That Judy Tenuta quote is priceless...

1 Corinthians 12:31

... covet earnestly the best gifts: and yet shew I unto you a more excellent way.