Saturday, March 24, 2007

Author Unknown

.

1st things first! "Happy Birthday" to my sister! Love & LOVE s'more! Hope your day was everything you needed it to be!
Now then...
I had this drafted for a ArtZ Friday post. I just couldn't get to an honest internet connection to load it up last night...
I did this work in my first semester Photoshop class.
It was an assignment in photo composition.
It has undergone quite the transition since I first began it.
I plan on displaying the original photographs I used and the one or 2 'earlier' versions I have saved - before I arrived at this final piece, when I put up my work in the gallery, here at the Wrightstone, at semester's end.
(That's the last thing. to display/show our portfolio pieces.)
And I am at peace with the piece. lol! check the phrase-ology, I crack myself up sometimes!
I really liked the way it turned out.
I have shown finished prints to a few people already and they have asked me for copies.
I did give one to my boss for her husband - she said she wanted to make a gift out of it, to him.
She said the text, "Take with you words...."
Have a special meaning for him and between the 2 of them.

How cool is that?

=)
Dig it.

Cheerios (and nothing but good words) to you all!
dP

PS: You can click on it to enlarge, however because of the layers I had to reduce the image and so lost quite a bit from the original in order to post it on the web - so I don't believe any copy will print too well... e-mail me directly if you'd like a decent print.

5 comments:

Libby said...

oh, dorko, that is absolutely awesome!! LOVE IT!!
i'll be emailing you soon...

Libby said...

hey, dorko!! send me your email address?

Dorko said...

lol!
Sorry, Libby! I thought I had listed it on my profile... it must have kicked off in those dasturdly old/new blogger switchovers!
It's there now... let me know if that doesn't work for you!?
D~

MomThatsNuts said...

I love it too, I cant read the WORDS..maybe I missed it, but is it something you made up? Is it a poem? Scripture? would you send me the words? I love the whole thing, I have this HUGE screen and I still cant see it!! LOL would love the WORDS,, I think our chaplain at work would like them. I work in a hospice now you know. Words, such tiny fleeting things, and yet, they can heal, destroy, build up or tear down...

Mom

Dorko said...

Mom... I been having trouble all dang day fussin' over this and that editing this post! Try clicking the image again - I reposted the save for web compression - it may be big enough for you to read.
The words inspired the piece...
Once upon a time ago,
I posted them here: X

1 Corinthians 12:31

... covet earnestly the best gifts: and yet shew I unto you a more excellent way.