Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Fire Rainbow


.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Rainbow's are special in my world.
A personal reminder to me, that: "God keeps his promises"

A true friend sent this picture and I thought...

"This IS too cool not to share."


THIS IS A FIRE RAINBOW - The Rarest of all naturally occurring atmospheric phenomena.

The picture was captured this week on the Idaho/Washington border. The event lasted about (1) hour.

Clouds have to be cirrus, at least 20K feet in the air, with just the right amount of ice crystals and the sun has to hit the clouds at precisely (58) degrees. .... or at least that's what the e-mail said!

Dig it.
=)

5 comments:

Burfica said...

that is so beautiful!!! rainbows mean alot to me too.

Libby said...

gorgeous, dorko!

Libby said...

DORKO!! how did you KNOW i asked kevin to leave the porch light on???

Dorko said...

lol!
Libby, freaked you right out didn't I?

Burfica... amazing how all the colors of a rainbow combined = brilliant, pure, white light... =)

Bijay Rungta (rungss) said...

Can you tell me where I can find this Picuture in high resolution?

1 Corinthians 12:31

... covet earnestly the best gifts: and yet shew I unto you a more excellent way.