Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Yesterday's surprise!

Bambambambambam!
.
Dingdingdingding-dong!
.
Bambambambam!
.
Dang!?
I folded up my text-book and headed towards the door...?
.
There stood this guy, cap, sunglasses, little gray pepper, here and there in his beard. I looked beyond him to the unfamiliar car out in my drive, he'd had someone with him and they were just stirring to get out of the car. When I looked back again, he was smiling, and reaching to remove his cap... that smile gave him completely away - !!!
"Bobby!" I popped-off (surprise and pure delight)! Looking again to the car, I saw now another old, dear friend, Ronda, heading my way! =) =) =)
This is not the 'Bobby' I wrote about eons ago, that had taken some hard correction, courtesy of the state of Arizona, this Bobby and I go way, way, way back, as do Ronda and I, to that sweet time - post highschool graduation when we were all on the verge of what's next.
They came right on in and we all settledown for some story telling on ourselves and each other, of course!
They'd been driving by when Bobby pointed to the house and remarked, "'Dorko', used to live in the basement of that house."
Then Ronda, deadpanned a little FYI to him, "'Dorko' is living in that house right now. She's been working with my Mom up at the College."
Ronda said he gave one glance back at her and flipped a u-turn! Hehehee.
Apparently, no one had told him I was back in the area, and Ronda was just pleased as punch to rat me out. :D
The fools had been gallivanting around, not just yesterday, but the day before, when all roads were deemed impassable - these two were traversing the highways between Trenton, Culbertson and McCook... which (with saucer-sized eyes) Ronda testified, were in FACT, bad, bad, bad. "...especially between Culbertson and McCook!" she said.
"You know me," Booby chimes in, "If it's snowing, I think I gotta be out F____in' around in it." My turn to smile (-had I stopped since I realized who was beating down my door???) and I laughed, knowingly! Those old memories of experiences drifting clearly back into the view point of my mind's eye - just like the wind and snows had blown their drifts steadily forth in Monday's ground soirees.
He must have read memory from the look in my eye, b/c he began the story, of a time when He and I, along with my brother and another girlfriend of mine, had been out 'dinking' around in a blizzard "Out north on Q street, when I decided to be cute," he said, "and I took off-road over a cane field." He then got a little lost with some technical jargon, something about misjudgement of exactly where he was in relationship to that road vs field, (heh!) so I up and 'helped' his snow-drifter story along, a bit, by assuring dear Ronda, that getting his Blazer stuck was akin to driving a boat in - just that smooth... and then we sank! I still remember how both He and my brother had to jam their shoulders into the Blazer doors to get them open, shoving snow with the movement of the door panels and when they jumped out, they sank too! I remember all they had to dig us out with was one of those tinsy-winsy folding camp shovels! I also remember thinking this is one of those times when I'm glad I'm "a girl"!!! Heheheee. We girls stayed warm and dry in the back seat of the Blazer while those young men took turns digging. We told them if they could do it in an hour we'd go back to my place and bake up some Chocolate Chip Cookies for them. We were back at my place with-in the hour. lol. An amazing feat when I look back at it. That storm like this one just past produced drifts that were roof-top high. The one Bobby had "glided" into that night was a monster as well. . . and yes! We made them the Chocolate Chip Cookies.
(Here's some pictures of Sunday/Monday's storm posted on NTV's web site)
We talked long and laughed much in the short visit - I feel strangely renewed and refreshed by it, the combination of past memories and present company bringing about that joyful, celebratory feeling - true friendship's gift.
Priceless!
Love 2 all who pass this way today!
D. ~

7 comments:

Unknown said...

that post made me cold...brrrr..

OP~

Alekx said...

It's always a gift to get a visit from an old friend, or a phone call as well.
It just re-energizes you and refreshes your spirit and soul.

EV said...

.... ah, old friends. :0)

Azathoth100 said...

It always does good for ones soul when you get to visit with old friends.

Libby said...

that's so neat!! an early Christmas present!!
BoUnCeS!! LibbY!

Burfica said...

very cool. I love reconnecting with people I dearly care about.

Unknown said...

Yes..it is good to get a visit from a friend..so..when ya coming..Shugger?

Op

1 Corinthians 12:31

... covet earnestly the best gifts: and yet shew I unto you a more excellent way.