Friday, November 04, 2005

Orbs

.
This was NOT the finished product.
This was my artful play with the first step in a tutorial on how to use the 'shapes' tool. We learned how to 'constrain' to obtain the perfect circles. I just HAD to toss in a few ovals (to suggest floatation - I can't help myself - beaming smile!).
I WANTED to post the finished version which had blending options engaged. I learned a valuable lesson in paying attention, here!
Yesterday I left class with this (pix) on my zipper and a lesson about how not all data files are created equal, freshly floating in my mind. The lesson text was careful to point out that some details just will not transfer, manifest, nor be received fully and properly - if the media you are crossing over - is not recognizable by the receiver, or in a format the receiver can grasp. (un-huh, got it - sure I do! Insert embarrassed blush, here -> x)
The above 'creation' has much more to it than you can see here. It has embossing. It has inner glows. It has outter glows. It has drop shadows. It has a richness, a depth and a texture - yet, we cannot see it .... because I forgot to make it a 'jpeg' before hopping along my zippidy do da day, yesterday.
Perhaps I can weddle into the Mac Lab today and get the file right for my use here.
.
Ironic how this little thing echos a spiritual prompt recurring just lately.
That would be the thought for me on how the Lord stands ready all the day long to bless, exceedingly and yet, for me, due to my own unpreparedness, and my own short-sightedness... I've called his blessing cursed ... hope, hope, hope those days have gone by. I'm getting better at realizing opportunity in adversity, really I am!
I have, still, failed to receive all that I could have had, under His direction and merciful guidance. Why? Pick anyone of the human frailties and I'll have a short-comings, Dorko-story I could tell you. heh.
Add another oopsy to the pile.
The good news is that "we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them that are called according to His purpose." (Romans 8:28)
So a lesson I skimmed has now been driven deeply 'home' for me...
Of course that sends my mind reeling in several other passages that are demonstrative of that love. Like the one in the book of John which plainly entreats, "If ye love me, keep my commandments."
I'll leave that turning over in my mind for now...
Love is flowing out to all of you today! =)
May Peace attend you this weekend...
Cheerios,
from the Dorko!

7 comments:

Mona said...

ahhh....lessons. See, at least you see them as lessons rather than aggravations (or maybe both!).

Libby said...

great picture!!
BoUnCeS!! LibbY!

DLAK said...

Everything you do has an inner glow. ;)

Unknown said...

dlak...you have no idea how much or deep bud! :) ~

Op~

EV said...

Mona hit it; lessons/ future blessings NOT a curse or aggravation. I have fun watching you exercise your new learned skills, too!

Unknown said...

My "Orbs" were bouncing all around this morning before I awoke.

Op~

Dorko said...

Mona & Mike - Yes and thank you

Libby - wait; soon you'll be able to see it the way it truely is...

DLAK - =) That was a really, really nice compliment! Made my day - thank you!

Opie Outlaw - Aw. Huckleberry... those Orbs of yours, are they anything like shugger-plum fairies? lol, having sweet dreams...are you?

1 Corinthians 12:31

... covet earnestly the best gifts: and yet shew I unto you a more excellent way.