Monday, November 28, 2005

White out!

White out conditions…
Travel is NOT advised!!!
….More than 100 schools closed across the state…
(my classes are among that number)
Zero degree visibility extends from the highway, to out most of the (snow packed!) windows here, at my home.
Power has been winking on and off
- NO TV for me - hehehee, those signals and my antenna are not strong enough to with stand the forces of this ground blizzard.
I will wrap myself up in blankets and text books and count my many blessings yet again!
Speaking of blessings, sometimes we can be the answer to somebody else's prayer. Check out this story from NPR - just click on the listen button there while you putter with other things.... I think you'll find it heartwarming - I did! =)
Cheerios2U all!!!
– hope all are warm and safe!
-Dorko

3 comments:

Unknown said...

You should be here...it's 74 today...but raining..which I know you like those eastern NC rainy days...ha!

When a "white out" causes a "black out"..is when you really have a bad problem and can't go out!

Op~

Dorko said...

OpieO- Taunting me, I see. =)

No black outs - thank goodness and thank you for all that sunshine you sent my way yesterday!

Mia said...

Wow you stay warm. Lol Dorko...ever notice all those ppl in warm climate rub it in our faces? Its cold here too -16c/3f. Snow all over the place.Of course this will be warm after we hit -35c weather. Stay warm.

1 Corinthians 12:31

... covet earnestly the best gifts: and yet shew I unto you a more excellent way.