Monday, July 09, 2007

Roast Beef! Really?

Ironically,

I was just thinking TODAY,

about popping a "Thank you" into the post for those dear folks that invited me to Supper with them a couple weeks ago...

Then I spotted this on msnbc...

{shudders!}
I watched 'Capote' over the weekend - a film highlighting both the processes of Truman Capote and the era in which he conceived his most famous literary work: In Cold Blood.
I guess it's still on my mind... along with the questions he (& we) repeatedly ask over such chilling events... you know? The simplest question that sometimes has the most evasive and disturbing answer, should you ever get an answer at all... "Why?"

6 comments:

Canadian flake said...

All I can say is ewwwwwwwww omg. I have been tempted to flush my gremlins and gnome down the tiolet from time to time but why waste a good deep freeze?? bluck

Alekx said...

I shouldn't watch things like that it gives me to many ideas. However hiding the bodies in the AZ desert is much better.
hehehe

Mia said...

omg lol...thats horrible. Lol Alekx...you and your evil mind.

Burfica said...

okay I guess the real cure to this would be not to look in anyone's freezer. hehehehe

Libby said...

dorko-i LOVE truman capote! ummm...it oughtta be obvious...truman IS my cat's name!!

Dorko said...

Canadian - lol!

Alekx - Given Canadian's logic, by gum, you are so right there...

Miranda - I know! Can you imagine? You just shared a meal, and...

Burfica - Yep. NEVER know what you'll find chillin'...

Libby - I have never read his works. I've always been a bit curios about the man from seeing him in televised interviews, talk-shows and such. I'm thinking now would be a good time for me to check out In Cold Blood from the library for myself....

1 Corinthians 12:31

... covet earnestly the best gifts: and yet shew I unto you a more excellent way.