Sunday, July 01, 2007

Passion...

The Daily Gazette is seeking a few good bloggers from our area of Nebraska:

What's your passion?

Well, now... that was the question they dropped into the classified ad section of the McCook Daily Gazette and, now, hereby decreed, to be the topic of conversation for this here blog.

What's your passion?

I've got a list of things I feel passionately about:

  • The Arts and entertainment.
  • People, in general, and good men, more specifically. (um-hum!)
  • The written word, quotable quotes and doing things my way - especially when I am right!
  • Really good food, made even better, for me, if it comes from some cheap, fast and easy recipe.
  • Truly funny stories and inspirational tales.
  • Science and the natural world.
  • Family ties.
  • The furthering development of my own spirituality...
  • Education in America... and ...
  • Good Design in everything!
  • I feel passionate about this country and that building block of pure Ameri-cana gold we all refer to as Hometown, U.S.A. ...

Now...

What about you? What's your top 10 list of things that you feel passionately about?

(C'mon! Tell me, even if it is all about 'Fuzzy Posters' for you.... ;-)

Disclaimer: My real 'number one' thing I feel passionate about is, well, passion. I didn't wanna come off as all slutty or redundant... or redundantly slutty... you know? You know, you know...

In other, totally unrelated news, I mowed down a small stand of marijauna plants today. There they were, growing freely and strong out by the foundations of an old shed that was recently raised to the ground and hauled off. I scared up a baby bunny who, thankfully, hightailed it outta there before those mower blades got too, too close. ...

4 comments:

Todd Camplin said...

Not in any order.

1 Making Art
2 Seeing Art
3 Reading about Art
4 Reading Novels
5 My wife
6 Getting closer to God
7 Family
8 Philosophy
9 Space and Evolution Science
10 Economics

Libby said...

dorko-i feel more apathy than passion lately...however, the passion for living is back! that's a big start...

Burfica said...

Okay lets see if I can do this any justice

1. myself/life--same thing to me
2. spirituality/God
3. Family
4. Friends
5. Animals, all sorts
6. Nature and being attuned to it
7. Those that give of themselves to others Police/fire/military etc...
8. Being Honest and true and good morals
9. Reading, all sorts of stuff
10. Sunsets!!!

Canadian flake said...

this was a nice list..I will have to give it some thought. Not sure if I am passionate about much of anything right now.

1 Corinthians 12:31

... covet earnestly the best gifts: and yet shew I unto you a more excellent way.