Saturday, July 14, 2007

"Happy Birthday"

Ricky,

Had you lived on, you would have been 55 today -
(eligible for membership in AARP and for certain Senior Citizen discounts featured in US businesses - nation wide)
=)
- I just had to point that out...
but, you didn't make it that far...,
on this side of "the veil"

24 hours, (more or less) before you passed away -
you sent up your last words to me -
Sealed with a kiss and mailed out -
from your hand to my heart,
It arrived on my birthday...
The same day they posted your obituary on the 'net'
- For the love you give...
- for the way you always know...
- for the thoughtfulness...
- God Bless you..
"I Love You!"

The final "Bouquet" was beautiful to me...

How could I not remember you today?
...and give thanks for the love you gave to me...
The picture of your hand here, is linked to a beautiful site -
one I know you would have approved of...

God rest your soul, Ricky D.,
and
... be with you, 'til we meet again.

8 comments:

Burfica said...

That is an amazing site, it brings tears to my eyes. Lots of birthdays of those lost this month huh??

Big hugggss to you my friend.

Canadian flake said...

Very nice post. You have a guardian angel looking out over you.

Alekx said...

Happy Birthday Op

Love you Dorko

Libby said...

i will always think of him as opie, & love him for his kindness! op~, you're still missed & remembered!

doodlebugmom said...

I was thinking of you on Saturday. Birthdays are always hardest for me. ((hugs))

Linda

ThreeOliveMartini said...

i just wanted to add. on saturday i was out riding my "iron horse" something he always liked to hear about.. Rick sent me the guardian bell that hangs under it..

i had gotten off to stretch.. it was a calm day.. and for no apparent reason the bell started ringing.. i guess he was saying hi..to the "princess"

just thought i would share..

Dorko said...

Burfica - Yes. It is very nicely done, isn't it? ...and Yes, I thought about your Mother when I first looked at it, too.

Canadian Flake - Thanks, and yes, I do... have more than one, really & those 'angels' plus the gift of the Holy Spirit, have been very, very good to me. I have an unshakalbe testimony of that...

Alekx - You're the best, and I love you, too.
Ironically... "Love", well, that's a big part of what my relationship with the 'Op' had thus far, taught me (about myself). It's brought me to: a bigger, deeper, broader understanding and capacity of, for, & to Love. "Oh, What a wonderful feeling!" =)

Libby - You know, even when he took that LONG break from blogging, he checked in on you. Matter of fact, he's the one that turned me on to your site. =)

Doodlebug Mom - lol! I thought of you too! ((Hugs)) back! I know you shared a very, very special, loving friendship. He need as much of that, (love, sweet love!) as he could get - we all do!

Three Olive Martini - lol! I'm delighted you shared that. Made me smile! I have no doubt that if Ricky could ring your bell & bring up some sweet memories to you - something to ponder while you, "princess", ride that "iron horse" of yours... he SURE would & 'ride the wind', right along beside you, too!
Um-Humm!
Trust your first thoughts and instincts there - deffinately.
Thanks for stopping by...
;-)

MomThatsNuts said...

Wonderful words for a wonderful man. I was looking back at some of my old blogging and saw how many many times he visited and commented on my blog over the last 2 years. I miss him dearly as I am sure everyone that knew him does. God Bless You OPIE!!

Mom

1 Corinthians 12:31

... covet earnestly the best gifts: and yet shew I unto you a more excellent way.