Saturday, July 07, 2007

07/07/07

Not much time for posting...
I'm up to my elbows in buttercream - literally! =)
Friends are getting married today & I'm doing up their wedding cakes!
A couple of Harley Davidson enthusiasts and she's a Native American, I love these 2!
So in love.
She's had me make a birthday cake for him for the last couple of years running, I think I've got him 'hooked' on my style of cake. ;-)
Warm colors, soft peach, soft yellow, I've made the base layers of the 3 tier cake a light-light peachy- more like an Ivory color. The lower border will have yellow roses with eagles feathers hanging down from them... I'll do maybe 7 of those, to echo the date.
She wants words that have meaning for their relationship piped in and around the top and sides of the layers.
Words like: family, love & joy, trust, hope, honor, respect, romance, laughter... you get the idea. I got really excited about it when she said that's what she'd wanted - because I've been doing just this sort of thing on other cake projects lately & the words she was coming up with reflect that favored scripture in Galatians 5:22-23... the one that lists the fruits of the spirit - surely they have this blessing in their lives - and that's a wonderful thing.
The groom's cake is German chocolate with a flaming Harley Davidson motif piped on top to resemble silver studs on black leather.
I better get crackin'
May good fortune and love, sweet love, find you this weekend -
God bless...
D.~

5 comments:

Burfica said...

Okay that's it!!! You gotta come make me a cake!!! lol

NWJR said...

I always marvel at the complexity of the cakes i see at weddings. Remarkable.

I'm hungry now.

Libby said...

dorko-that sounds like an awesome cake!! do we get to see pictures of it?? please??

Canadian flake said...

omggggggg it sounds so yummy...my tummy is grumbling and I don't even particularly like cake..roflmao.

Dorko said...

Burfica - I would love to come make you a cake!

NWJR - I find the process to be like a therapy for me - everything except "transport" lol! That can get a bit edgey...

Libby - I didn't take pics. I'll ask the happy couple if they got a shot before they sliced and diced...

Canadian - It smelled so yummy - even after it was all assembled at the hall!

1 Corinthians 12:31

... covet earnestly the best gifts: and yet shew I unto you a more excellent way.