Friday, January 19, 2007

Schooling again...

Classes stated up for the Spring semester this past Monday.
It's all coming together pretty darn fast now.
I've got to keep reminding myself about what is and what is not good for time management!!!
I love the blog-o-sphere so, I'll not abandon things here for too long...
Matter of fact I've started up several other blogs for specific things, few of which are or will be connected to this.

I put a beautiful quick post together earlier today - about catching up on movies while I was snowbound and off on Holiday break... and... and... dang. Blogger ATE it! : (

sooooo... here's m'list again... almost all of these are from the older, cheap isles, the keep 'em for 7 days rentals - because I don't frequent the video rental store like I used to. I don't know why. I LOVE a good movie and I'd never seen any of these before I picked up movies for each week I was on 'vacation':

Round 1:
Billy Elliot
Cinderella Man
Freda
Finding Neverland
The Garden State

Round 2:
X Men
The Matrix (which I still ahven't seen! It quit playing 1/4 to 1/2 into the movie. So I returned it. I found out it was the only copy the rental place had and it was scratched up... so I replaced it with...)
Bad Santa
Miracle
Spiderman
Diary of a Mad Black Woman

Round 3:
Prairie Home Companion
Nanny McPhee
Little Miss Sunshine (so disfunctional that I had to go to the 'sceens' selections just to get the thing to play! lol!)
The Break-up
Pink Panther

Round 4:
Devil Wares Prada
Leagally Blonde
The Work and The Glory
The Lord of the Rings:
•The Fellowship of the Rings
•The Two Towers
•Return of the King

I was impressed with the Lord of the Rings movies, I believe Peter Jackson got it as right as could be done. I had an extra appreciation for them after taking the multimedia class last semester - (we worked with Final Cut Pro... which is what movie makers are using now to edit film / sound) I had a bit of trouble with the sound on my rinky dinky tv some of the dialog was getting lost in the musical score & I noticed you could select sound opitons at the menu portion of the DVD. I settled on English subtitles and that smoothed everthing out plus, gave me some of the whisperings sprinkled here and there that I would have missed otherwise.
I remember I was encouraged to read those books (about 30 years ago) by a friend who looked and sometimes acted rather Hobbit-like, Scott Lorentz. (God rest his soul)

I got that 2006 news quiz with me but I think I'll make another post out of it for tomorrow.

Have a great weekend!
=)
D.~

6 comments:

Azathoth100 said...

Good luck with classes. Hope things go well, but that you still get to drop a post now and then. Blogger wouldn't be the same without you!

Anonymous said...

ya know, i was instructed to read "the hobbit" by a friend when i was 12...started it, lost interest, never went back to any of the books or movies since! (now i think maybe i'm missing something?)

Anonymous said...

i never read even the hobbit when it was recommended to me when i was 12! and i'm not gonna start now! :-)

DLAK said...

Wow, you watched alot of movies. I do that as often as I can. I see you are having problems with rented dvds also. I hate having to bring them back and tell them it dosnt work so I usualy dont bother. I got one a while back that was actualy broken in two. LOL
Have a great day sweety
xoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Burfica said...

I LOVE THE LORD OF THE RINGS MOVIES!!!!!!!!!!

I've seen some of those you have, and some I haven't seen.

We watched three over the weekend. Accepted (that one was so dang good, and no nudity, and very little cursing) Gridiron Gang (based on the true story, and it was very very good) And American Pie Naked Mile (If you like any of the American pie movies you'll like this.)

I just ordered some horror movies from netflix. I've been on a big horror kick lately. hehehehe

Dorko said...

Aza - Thanks for the encouraging words. :D
Libby - the story grows on you... it might have been a bit tough for you to get into at 12, though. The movies do a pretty good job!
DLAK - had Zero time to watch any last semester and even less time this one... I just felt a need too... maybe I was anticipating this big snow-in we've had!
Burfica! - Thanks for the tips!

1 Corinthians 12:31

... covet earnestly the best gifts: and yet shew I unto you a more excellent way.