Tuesday, April 05, 2005

The Daffodil

The Daffodil is a poem by Elaine Christensen.

I like it.

My mind runs barefooted, towards the meadow I've planted it in, every Easter Sunday now, since I first discovered it....

.... and since I couldn't get on line to post anything at that time - I'm wishing everyone a Happy Easter going forward into your springtime and I'm posting it now, for yall to consider.

The Daffodil
-- by Elaine Christensen

It is the quiet
the suffocating quiet
that is so hard.

I know the death you fear,
the blackness
the narrow bed
the waiting for spring.

It is a long time to have faith
for you who buried me
and for me
with no voice
to make sure I am remembered.

Will you fall to your knees
in April grass
when you hear the sound
of my yellow trumpet?


(It's good to be back! I've missed you all! Hugs and Kisses! -D.)

6 comments:

Azathoth100 said...

Welcome back, was starting to wonder where you were.
I love the poem. very powerful stuff.
Happy Spring to you.

Jim said...

it sure is good to have u back
and i am sure u have a good back too.... if uno wat i mean ..

and nice of u to drop in to say hello
and i hope u make a habit of dis

my posts will look a helluva lot more attractive if u do ....

PS: i am in the running for the bloggg oscars too

firacub said...

Hey Dorko,
Welcome back


Peace,
Firacub.

Dorko said...

Thanks for the + affirmations, gang!

And thanks for adding me to your Faves, Meloncholy Girl....

...get me!
I'm FINALLY learning how to do that, for myself too! [smiles in triumph!]

Burfica said...

yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy your back. I was hoping the queen of panic didn't convince you to hide in a corner for the next year. hehehehheee

I love that poem. very nice.

Alekx said...

aaaachoooooo
Daffodils give me hayfever

Welcome back girlie
I'm still gonna try to call..I promise.
Miss you tons baby doll

1 Corinthians 12:31

... covet earnestly the best gifts: and yet shew I unto you a more excellent way.